Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

FTP Connection Problem

I'm having some problems uploading my new wad to newstuff using WS-FTP Pro. It always worked before but now it doesn't I'm using this info.

FTP = archives.3dgamers.com
Username = Anonymous
Password = doomsrt@yahoo.ca

and I always get a connection error. Can someone give me their e-mail address so they can do it for me? Or am I doing something wrong?

make sure you are really using an anonymous account.
try a different ftp program maybe?
if the maxusers limit is reached, it will disconnect you; so maybe you just aren't being persistent enough. try it at different times of the day.
gl.

It's actually possible to upload to this particular FTP site via your browser, so if all else fails you might want to try that.

I think I know why I can't get it uploaded this week. There must be close to 50 other people uploading wads this week for review on account of Doom's Birthday... I need to get these files there sometime soon, but I can't really find a less active time people seem to ALWAYS be on...

EDIT: Perhaps I have the incorrect port... It is set for 21

21 is the default ftp tcp port.
as you said before, it worked for you previously.... just have patience. :)

Well I've tried at every time during the day and night, and it STILL doesn't work. I don't know, but I think it has something to do with my computer. Would someone please do me the favour of putting my .txt and .zip files in the Incoming Folder?

Since I'm the one that's reviewing this week, you could send it to me. I also have the advantage of being in a different timezone, so I can get on the server before the Americans do.

Thank you very much Ultimate Doomer! I'll send the files to your address in your profile. I'm looking forward to your review because you are the only reviewer other than DeathZ0r to actually review my maps. And we all know how some of his reviews can go... Anyways thanks again and I hope I get a good review I worked hard on this one.

EDIT: Ok, it's sent. Should be in your inbox in at least a few minutes.

EDIT2: Hmmm... it failed to reach your address in KMail I hope Yahoo can send it properly. If it doesn't send withing the next hour or two send me a PM.