Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sparky123

Ok... New Post- Megawads Im Missing

Im gunna post a list of megawads that i have
single player and deathmatch and ones that i know i dont have
but what i want is for the users around here to tell me if they have megawads that i dont and send them to me
thats 30 or 32 levels for Doom2 and 27 or 36 levels for doom1
im sure the admins wouldnt like me just to list them right in the post, theres alot of wads so heres a text file of the list
http://sparky.suhost.com/megawads.txt

thanks in advance, my email is sparky123@sympatico.ca

Why don't you post the ones that aren't available on the archive somewhere, so we all can get them so they aren't permanently lost?

well i dont know what you have
i dont know what other wads there are
thats what im asking :) i know what i know
what wads am i missing that you guys have?
thats why i posted a list

but you mean posting the wads that i have on an ftp that arnt on the archives? yes im planning on doing that over the holidays

ok, i updated my list a bit
ia dded a few more things

edit: i added more wads to what i ahve now and i what i need still
check it out if have yo have these files

CChest.wad

You sure?, i seem to remember that wad getting a /newstuff review...have you actually checked in the archive? do you know what it is?

The cube megawad had original weapons, but the levels were just ripped from other wads, mainly Cleimos

If Illusory was made today it would probably be considered a "joke wad". I mean, he even managed to bunch up E1M8 and E2M8 by putting two barons and a tag 666 moving wall in E2M8 and a cyberdemon in E1M8.

The rejects are quirky, the texturing is as misaligned as it can be and the gameplay is below Slige standars.

Hmm, CUBE was re-released more recently with the stolen levels removed, but still with the monsters and weapons (which was a good thing, i remember when it first came out after the controvesy, the stolen graphics where removed, so all the monsters and weapons acted different,y but looked the same, and also the clemios levels where replaced by really stupid ones). I did start to make my own levels for CUBE, but only made the first area of level 1 XD

flashback
freedoom
crimson
the peoples doom
ndcp
daedalus
hell revealed 2
plutonia 2
hell unleashed
doom zephyr
tale of doom
enigma
one room a day
pir 2
dsv 5
hellcore
vilecore 2.0
Kill megawad (name unknown)
doom4 (other doom4 megawad)

================================
TOTAL WADS I PLAN TO GET: 19
================================

It seems to me like you've forgotten "Bella 2" which me and Paul Corfiatis are going to release soon. Or maybe you don't feel like playing something really cool! ;) Other than that, I can only agree with most of your choices there...

Bella 2 hasn't got much advertising I have to say. But that only means when it comes out people are going to be even more pleasantly surprised :) Is it coming out Dec 10 perhaps? ;)

hell unleashed

I was on the team that was working on this, and it was never completed or released. I think maybe 1 or 2 levels made it out.

That is, unless there was another project by this name.

sargebaldy said:

Bella 2 hasn't got much advertising I have to say. But that only means when it comes out people are going to be even more pleasantly surprised :) Is it coming out Dec 10 perhaps? ;)

Yeah, maybe... Kinda irritating to answer the question like that, huh? Sorry... ;) But yeah, people will be damn pleasently surprised!

There are a lot of projects missing from your wanted list (e.g. Mordeth & Millennium), but I assume this is because they're TCs or PCs rather than megawads.

However if that's the case, Freedoom and the Peoples' Doom shouldn't really be on it :)

Oh, and... RTC-3057 SHOULD NOT ONLY BE ON THERE, BUT TOP OF THE LIST!!!!!!111

yes i am missing alot like RTC-3057
but mordeth and millennium, those are for different ports though right? (other then zdoom)

They're both for the best (IMHO) non-ZDoom based port, Eternity.

I really do think the aprox 1mb download of Eternity will be worth it in order to play two of the oldest and best in-progress projects out there ;) Not to mention you'll also be able to play Caverns of Darkness as it was intended (when Quasar gets done with the neccessary coding that is, if he hasn't already))

I think caverns of darkness came out ages ago XD, well, some wad set in dark mines that was eternity-specific did XD

Caverns of Darkness came with it's own modified version of MBF, which hardly anyone could play because it's DOS-based. Someone (most likely Quasar) was supposed to be adding this port's features to Eternity, although I'm not sure if he's gotten around to it yet.

It is playable in various other ports (including ZDoom), but several linedef types and a bunch of new monsters won't be present.

BTW Sparky, CXN is another in-progress project for your list. IIRC it'll be compatible with any Boom-based port.

i think the doom zephyr megawad is only for legacy, i'm not sure but i remember reading that somewhere. You may want ask pumpkinsmasher though.

i just found that out
too bad

i just added rtc-3057 and bella 2 to my list
whats CXN? and where can i find more info on it?

actually i'm making two version of it. One for Legacy, and one for any engine with Boom support. I think the version for legacy is better as it has more features, but i'm making both. I don't know if I'll have all nine levels of the non-legacy demo ready for its release on the 10th.

Not much info's available on CXN at the moment, but the team leader is Sam Woodman, the same fellow who's in chage of Plutonia 2.

Have a look around his site and you should be able to dig up a few tidbits (hint 1: look in archived news; hint 2: the project was formally known as TOJ).

Yea I figured a lot more people could play it that way. The only thing is that it takes longer to make the megawad. Some places wont look good using the non-legacy version, but it will be playable, and most wont be too bad. There's only one area I can think of that looks bad in the other version, but I am changing the room to try to make it better.