Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ragnew

Scythe Map30 skill 3 maxdemo.

Hey Guys/Gals,

Heres a skill 3 maxdemo I did for Map30 of Scythe... This has to be one of my all time favorite levels, and on skill 4 it's right up there with HR's Map26 (afterlife) in my opinion... I'd also like to say that if you like this map you MUST check out Vile's UV maxdemo of it that came with the Scythe Demo pack... Talk about amazing. Awesome job there Drew, that has to be one of my all time favorite demos.... But anyways check out the demo. It was pretty cool to play this map as a BFG blastfest, and not have to worry about leaving almost all the cybies around to kill stuff for you... Enjoy.

Richie

sc30-s3.zip

Good demo. Skill 3 indeed is a lot easier than UV, but it makes a more action-oriented demo possible.

The highlights:

The great cyber and revenant handling, including great sidestepping and excellent bfg usage.

The nice revenant-cyber infight across the green lake =)

Hey Guys,

Whats up Erik - thanks for the compliment man. I had a heckuva time playing the map, gotta be one of my all time favs. I like UV a whole bunch too, because you've gotta use your head a whole lot more. And of course the area where you have to take out the Revenant and Archvile herds (after you snag the red key) is a one of a kind battle... Glad you enjoyed the lmp...

PS - How is Bloody Night coming along? That has to be another one of those projects thats on the top of my list...

Demon - Hope you like the demo man. It takes about 25 minutes to run through the whole thing... A blast-a-thon all the way through though!!! :) - The perfect kind of level!

Laters,
Richie

Hi Rich, I knew you'd like Erik's maps.... I do too as long as he doesn't go crazy with size(Oneweek map11 heh)
DEMOn is Opulent, btw, if you didn't know that... and since you offered, I may give this one a try as well on HMP... maybe map02 on ITYTD. ;)

Ah Geez man,

LOL - I had no idea it was you bud. But now I do... Heck yeah man, give the map a go... Its really fun to play it on hmp. More of a kill all very quickly type game indeed.... Sorry Op's, if I really had no idea it was you man... :) - My bad.

Laters man,
Rich

Hey ragnew!

I enjoyed your demo. Very nice. :) I also have Vile's excellent demo. Funny, both of them are difficult accomplishments. The map design is unusual in that skill 3 is like 4 and skill 4 like 5, minus the nitemare, if you know what I mean.

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the kind words.. :) - I'm glad you enjoyed the demo. Yeah, I do know what you mean about the skill levels, especially on that map. Even on skill 3 there are over 700 monsters.... A very nice monster count indeed. I think the biggest difference is the fact that you can go out and destroy almost everything with the cell powered weapons on skill 3, as opposed to using the cyberdemons as weapons on skill 4, but of course theres a whole slew of Archviles on skill 4 (after you snag the yellow key) that are absent on 3 (damn shame... that part is one of my favorite battles on skill 4). Also, I think you did a killer job on map04 of Hell To Pay. That map is a weird one to figure out, and you did it like a pro. Great demo of that guy... :)

Laters,
Richie

Well my Hell2Pay lmp was nothing compared to your work but it was kind of you to mention it, thanks. :)

Hey Kristian,

Thanks for the kind words man, heck yeah I had alot of fun with this bad boy... It was a cool map to record. All of Eriks maps are very, very recordable, but I think map26 and map30 are some of the funnest.

Laters,
Richie