Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

Using bats

I wanna play a super uber omega wicked sick wad with ZDoom, but the only way to play it correctly is to use a .bat file with the wad meant for regular Doom, and regular Doom is yucky now. Is there anyway to take the traits of that .bat file and make them into a wad to use with the wad.

BTW, the wad is Doom2Xtreme.

well, unless it's extremely wacky, just add a "z" before the doom.exe in the bat file, and to make sure it loads the right game, put the -iwad parameter on the same line that loads everything else. Done.

I was just looking VERY hard one day and it popped up! I'd say I'm pretty lucky, considering that this is an EXTREMELY rare wad nowadays.

The whole "put a Z before it" didn't work. I guess the .bat is wacky, because it makes sure the right sounds play and the guns have the correct animation.

What does the .bat file actually say? To find out, either rename it to a .txt file or edit it in DOS.

The bat has a lot of encrypted poopy stuff, but at the bottom, there's some DeHackEd style stuff like text replacements.

Not your typical .bat file I suppose. This may be just a wild guess, but when running ZDoom, try using the command line -deh filename.bat

That didn't work. I'm sorry (bite).
Is there another way?
Actually, I made a mistake with all the posts. Its an .EXE file, not a .BAT. Any suggestions?

Wait a minute. I think I found it. Is it a single map wadfile with d2xtreme.txt, readme.1st, and gravpats.zip?

Huh? What? Oh, you found the game.
No, mine came with:
D2Xtreme.exe
D2xtreme.wad
D2xtreme.txt

Yoyoyo!

I have the same problem with Doom2Extreme Gold. The DEH is embedded into the d2x.exe file so I can't extract it. I'm not sure where I got it or if it came with a DEH file so there is no way for me to play it with a modern port, that I know of.

Different version maybe. Anyway, inside that other zip file are a bunch of .pat files, which are what contain the sound files used by Advanced Gravis UltraSound or UltraSound MAX. Now then, it seems that I can open these up in Goldwave, so what I will do is take all those .pat files, turn them to .wav files and put them back in the wadfile, and send it to you when I'm done.

...I hope...

Wouldn't you believe it? I went through all that trouble and I find out that the sounds (at least those .pat files) are nothing more than some of the original sounds sped up 2X, like the Baron of Hell sight sound, the Imp's death, etc.

Scuba Steve said:

I have the same problem with Doom2Extreme Gold. The DEH is embedded into the d2x.exe file so I can't extract it. I'm not sure where I got it or if it came with a DEH file so there is no way for me to play it with a modern port, that I know of.

Did you try to simply load the .exe into Dehacked and then save the changes to a .deh file?

After what I discovered about the sounds, it just wasn't worth the effort. However, the music sounded horrible on my machine, and I'm guessing that it only sounds halfway decent on an Advanced Gravis UltraSound or UltraSound MAX. It's probably better without that music anyway, and it can be easily removed or changed with WinTex.

Is there a .deh extractor or some software like that?
I'm guessing the .exe is just an auto-loaded .deh file.

Usually an exe is simply a copy of the original exe with a dehacked patch loaded. If this is the case, do this:

Edit the dehacked.ini so the exe is loaded up as the hacked exe.
Load up Dehacked.
Save the patch.
Load up ZDoom with the new patch.

Okay, I did all the steps, it still loads normally and not like it should. Its like it won't include the .bex!

Lizardcommando said:

I second that. Just do yourself a favor and delete D2Xtreme now and get a better megawad.

Oh, you really think!? Fine. Lead me to a better wad.
If you're wrong, F U.
If you're right, I love you (not literally).

And don't say D2Xgold, I have that and it rocks.