Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

Dunbar - Short for Clive Dunbar, a name I got off a Weebl and Bob short. I also use it as my pen name.

Way long ago I used Sputnik as my username here. I got that off of my comic character by the same name. I plan on making a mod out of that comic someday.

Jk = My initials. I added the lines because many forums don't allow usernames that are shorter than three characters...

usually i play multiplayer games, especially doom, and i always frag people all the time and get killed so little myself, so i live in extreme wootage, hence the name, Mr. Woot

jWhen I first played Doom on a LAN (Windows source port), it was me who fragged
all classmates. Needed something to express the haunt-and-kill or
search-and-destroy.

I'm tired of telling the old story so here's part of it:

I wanted to sign up with a short, quick-to-type, easy-to-remember and simple name.
I came up with a three-letter abbreviation.

And hence dsm, the Undead Fishie - one of the Lords of Fishies and Destroyer of wretched Doom Novels everywhere, was spawned from the fires of Hell.

The End (complete with bulletholes :-P)

Ct_red_pants said:

you know, I named a puppy after you.

I already have a toy plush dog and a toy frog named after me.

Not really "exile" but Exl actually... has something to do with the NewDoom forum's authentication email never arriving at my regular mail address. I used to use exile everywhere else where I was know (i.e. almost nowhere) but when I had to get creative when registering over there, I used the abbreviation Exl. And since that's the one which got through, I'm more or less stuck with it.

You can wake up now.

insertwackynamehere said:

Eventually it became a gimmick, and other people occasionally said insertwackywhateverhere, but I was first :-)

I'm sure I remember seeing "insertwacky[somethingorother]here" at the end of a TV show or movie credit listing at some point. The Simpsons?

I usually go by "Cop" by people in the community.
1. It's the very first thing I always dreamed to be when I was younger because I care to restore the balance of the world a lot
2. Inspired by a game called "Virtua Cop", and I just thought the cop guy looked cool(well, it's anime graphics)

999 is just a number I thought I had to use to disguish myself apart from real cops. It's actually the emergency number used in HK, where I am from.

Enjay said:

I'm sure I remember seeing "insertwacky[somethingorother]here" at the end of a TV show or movie credit listing at some point. The Simpsons?

Yeah, I posted something about that before. James Brooks Halloween special name was James [Insert Scary Name Here] Brooks, or something like that

All the good names were taken.

boris said:

boris = my name OlolOLOloLOLol!!111111111eleven

bois ate tarin and that's the end of that chapter!

Kid Airbag said:

Kid A + Airbag = Kid Airbag

You forgot your previous alias. :P

fodders said:

Kid Aairbag surely?

It'd be prounounced the same, I'm pretty sure.

Real name is Chris, and some people outside the net called me what my username is. It is also my universal name used in all multiplayer games.

My alias is pretty simple.

DOOM - Well, the game Doom, I love it and I figured I'd have it in my alias. I have it in all capitals because that is how I use to spell it at the time.
Anomaly - I liked this word, on more than one level. I liked the word because it defines me quite well, I am an odd one. I always loved the map Phobos Anomaly from Doom, and the word just always appealed to me, even before I knew what it meant. Also lots of people here don't even know what the word means so more power to me. :D

Basically my name was just a random put together, I just made it up. I had a mind for my other alias which I just thought of also, being Undying_Maelstrom, but I have since progressed from being so dark-minded and I didn't want to use that on a Doom-based forum. I threw this one together, I also used it on Newgrounds beforehand, and it came to mind from there too. I also had thought of just using DOOM, but that was too unoriginal and felt like I was living a name I didn't come up with. I am happy with mine. :D There are various abbriviations that have been used for my alias though, actually just made up by the forum members here, I never thought of Abbriviating it. The main one being DA Or just Anomaly. When writing it myself I put :DOOM Anomaly or :DA, the ':' being because I use the ':D' face a lot. :D

fraggle said:

I rock.

Hurray for Fraggle Rock. :D