Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nancy_13

Music

Greetings everyone. Does anyone sequence midis out there? or maybe mods? I'm currently doing the music to an upcoming project titled The 9th Gate, it's an episode 4 style thing, so, look out for it. There is an interview of our team on the Doomcenter web page, check it out.

As for mods, I'd like to know a good place to get instrumenys for, I think they would be cool in a doom map, you could do an unreal type thing and make the music change to whatever the situation is, and it could be cool for atmosphear, I'd like to create a map that's very spooky and uses scripts, ambient sounds and the right music to create areally good atmosphear, anyone know any good levels that do this?

You're right about using scripts to change music, like in Unreal. ZDooM allows you to write scripts that will change the music at specific points in a map or when specific events (such as killing an enemy) occur. It also allows ambient sounds.

I'm not sure if the changing music has been implemented in any maps yet, but ambient sounds have been widely used. Check some of the later ZDooM maps on cdrom.com

Guest Fanatic

You can change music in EDGE dynamically via RTS (from a radius trigger or a monster dying/appearing like Unread does), a line trigger, etc.

I did this in a level I haven't released yet, and it's quite a mood setter to have custom music for any areas of the level. I wrote 7 mini-MP3's for the different parts of the level, very nice stuff.

Oh, yeah, fanatic, I've listened to your MP3's from Qdoom and played the actual thing and it's really cool, I think it's good how you did Qdoom, it's like not 3d, but it still feels like quake! that is impressive. Your music is equally cool, I listen to lot's of metal and that, and I'd love to create music like that, but using my guitar and doing it all myself, what programs do you use and where can I get them from?

Yeah, I think after the 9th gate I'm going to create some mod with lot's of differant parts (A loud fast part, a more ambient quiet part, and juat some othe parts) so I can make amap with really good atmosphear, I'd like to see like an horror mapor somethang that pulls off the ambience and fear really well (Aliens TC is really good for that).