Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

DeusVult.WAD: I need beta testers

Hi, I'm the creator of the WAD formerly known as "Attrition", the physical form of the WAD is complete--architecturally and spatially--and now I have to implement enemies, health, and ammo.

Sure... I can go ahead and scatter a bunch of foes and ammo everywhere and release my level, but that's not what I want; this is my first map and I'm going to make it as strong of a level as any fare that gets released.

I am pretty new to the community, so I do not know many people with Doom skills and experience, save for a few. So that is why I'm appealing to you guys to help me out here. I need a third, and fourth opinion gameplay-wise.

Before I go into any more detail, a few questions:

1) Do you like large maps?
2) Do you like large-scale, knockout fighting?
3) Do you like the AV/HR/Nuts series?
4) Can your computer handle 39,000 sidedefs?
5) Can you handle some lag? It will not be so bad to affect gameplay.
6) Can you beat AV-26 on UV with little save?

...If you said yes to most of these questions... continue on...

Deus Vult is an extremely large map that caters to those who craves constant fighting of every type. It will pit you against hundreds and hundreds of monsters in the spirit of Alien Vendetta. It is not one of those maps that tries to balance ammo on the edge of a knife that wears players out. This map is all about tactical, knockout fights: you are provided all the shotgun shells and bullets you can ever dream of, all you have to do is keep alive amidst the claws and fireballs.

Click Here if you want to see a few screenshot of what I have to offer, it's not bad.

Note that this level ONLY uses Vannilla Doom features, and the murals that appears to be more than 128 units high are achieved by cunning visual tricks.

If you like what you see and would like to help in developing it, give me your AIM or Msn Messenger or E-Mail Address in the private message board.

I'd like some feedback based on what you saw so far, thank you for your time.

EDIT: In case that geoshities site is down (bandwidth), there is an alternative link Here and another backup link There and Over There and Way Yonder

Hmm. I've played the demo and I'm still curious as to how this will turn out. Count me in, although I will be busy with college work these days.

No, I think they are boring
In certain places, not everyware
No
I don't know, probably not
ONe of the things that allow DOOM to compit with modern games is it speed, is not a good idea to eliminate that.
No

Why don't you realize a mini episode or something? IMO, good interconected medium dinamic maps are far better than the larger ones.

Converted DooMer,

I just sent you a PM... I'm in without a doubt. If you can't get ahold of me on the Instant Message just send me an email...

I do have some serious ideas already, so I'm going to send you an email with some suggestions... I think you'll like'em...

Seems Geo is having some problems again...

We've all been around since the very start of this "Epic" map... Epic in all ways I must add. So far I've never, ever played a map that lives up to Attrition (Deus Vult), and I believe it'll be quite sometime before another map quite like Deus Vult comes knocking...

This is a massive level, in all ways, and I for one think that it should stay as a single level and not split up like some believe it should be... I think Converted DooMer knows exactly what he's doing, and I'm sure that in the end we will all be very, very pleased with the result...

I can't wait... :)

Rich, keep it under wraps, maybe this level will not exceed expectations, lower the hype... shhhh =)

Memphisto... try d/ling it again, you'll see something different... hehehe

PS: Don't fucking give the download address away unless you already know it.

I speak the truth mis amigo... Nuff said.. hehe!!! :)

EDIT : Okay, at least in my eyes that is... but we'll have to wait and see...

not really, prefer medium, medium-small
if you mean intense, prolonged fighting, it pisses me off
don't think I've played them
probably not
have to put up with at least a little bit of it playing 75% of maps
haven't played it but I guess I couldn't

*reads further down*

well I kinda answered no to these so I probably won't enjoy it and my machine's likely to crash but I'll have a look anyway..

Deathdust said:

not really, prefer medium, medium-small
if you mean intense, prolonged fighting, it pisses me off
don't think I've played them
probably not
have to put up with at least a little bit of it playing 75% of maps
haven't played it but I guess I couldn't

*reads further down*

well I kinda answered no to these so I probably won't enjoy it and my machine's likely to crash but I'll have a look anyway..

Amen.