Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zro

ZDoomGL MD2's?

Well I've downloaded the ZDoomGL.zip, on startup it said "cannot find firecan.md2, start with -nomd2" or something like that. Well I did it, and it even runs sometimes (VERY good looking). Since my own computer isn't connected to the internet, I have to move all the zips on disks, and the md2 -zip seems to take space over 4 megs, so is it worth downloading and splitting on four disks?
BTW why doesn't ZDoomGL start with Eternal.wad

What, yoy can split files, how, tell me :-D. As for the MD2's, yeah, I 'd say they are worth getting, it adds that extra dimension to the game :-D. Although, when I run Zdoomgl it always cuts out the status bar and title graphix, is this a bug or is it me?

Well i guess i go get it then, as for me, ZDoomGL starts only about 1 times out of three try's, but after it starts it work's as it should. As for splitting files i'm using
a freeware program called hjsplit.exe
I don't remember where i downloaded it, but the program gives this adress: freebyte.com
It's a dos program, but works fully in a dos box.
There are also Win32 splitters, but i don't think they're freeware.

There are also Win32 splitters, but i don't think they're freeware.

Looks like they got a new version, that works only on Win32, still freeware!

Thanx alot for that, I've downloaded it and it wil definately come in handy :-), as for MD2's, have you played Zanan recntly, that is amaizing, it's of new game standard, very impressive, but the version I have keeps on locking up and crashing, but what I've played is cool, I'd like to do a bit of MD2 modeling, and do something really cool with doom :-).

Although, when I run Zdoomgl it always cuts out the status bar and title graphix, is this a bug or is it me?

Run ZDoomGL with the -3dfx parameter.

I got tired of starting problems with ZDoomGL, and downloaded JDoom with its MD2's, some of the enemies look kind of stupid... (like demon running away). I also copied JDoom's MD2 folder to my ZDoomGL folder, and the enemies look a bit better with it, so I guess I'll be using it anyway...