Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gameboynin

which doom had a better storie line?

i know i know doom really didnt have one,but more origanal then the ones quake used(somewhat),so the questioan is which doom had better storie?

Neither of them really had a story, especially not Doom2. It was just "Earth is being attacked. Kill demons. Yay."

which means Doom had the better storyline over Doom 2, except for that episode 4 bologna, nobody knows how that fits in...

As much as they didn't really have one, I'd have to say Doom had the best one. I especially liked how the story in the manual went, not to mention the concept of "episodes".

I don't know about the storieline, but I enjoyed the Doom 2 storyline better.

All the storylines of the series of Doom are pretty good. How about quake? i've never heard of the storyline of quake. What exactly is that all about of Q1, Q2, and Q3?

As far as I know, Quake 2 sort of had one. The Stroggs attacked and they had to go through this worm hole or something to the Stroggs' home planet and invade it.

Quake 1: Oh no! Earth is being attacked by (gasp!) monsters from another dimension. They came out and killed a lot of people and now the military wishes to stop the madness. So they send in some troops and <please suspend disbelief> only one survives: you! Now you have to kill the leader of the monsters, codenamed Quake.

Quake 2: Earth is unexpectantly attacked by cyborg horrors (Strogg), marines are sent to their home planet to retaliate. <NOTE: does this sound familiar?> About 10,000 marines are dropped on the planet, but your drop pod is clipped by another, and you go hurtling away from the LZ. The ships from earth and the other drop pods are hit by a EMP shockwave from a weapon codenamed 'The Big Gun', leaving your pod one of the few that makes it safely without killing its occupant. All of the other surviving marines are slaughtered by the waiting Strogg, and you <suspend disbelief> are the only one left.

Quake 3: I don't give a damn. It was kinda lame, and it was just a multiplayer game anyway.

Note that none of the games had any relevence to each other.

Really, the only thing close to a story is that they told you where doom takes place. Phobos, Deimos, and Hell, which I think is cool.