Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doomsick

for those interested in portable doom

i have it on good authority that doom for GBA is due out october 30...so smile. don't flame if somone already posted this, i don't regularly post here...

Evidence 1:
http://www.gamelord.com/search.asp?keyword=&lookin=title&platform=7&genre=3&searchtype=adv&sortby=title&searchbutton.x=72&searchbutton.y=14

Evidence 2:
http://www.vgf.com/frame/?http://nin.vgf.com/news/2001/gbadoom.htm

Evidence 3(like 1):
http://www.gamelord.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=160058

There's hope yet ;)

Those ETAs are total bullshit. Stores make them up so that people will preorder the game. Which would you plunk down your preorder money for -- "Doom GBA: ETA unknown" or "Doom GBA: ETA 10/30/01"? I have seen ETAs for games which haven't even started production, or didn't even exist.

When will people learn? The only companies or people who you can trust for release dates are those actually publishing and distributings the game.

You can't even trust the developers of a game if they aren't the ones publishing and distributing it, as there's often inexplicable delays.

These could be _major_ post-gold problems being discovered ("oh crap, we've got 100,000 CD's with the WinFag52x virus!"), or the publisher may decide that the game is actually utterly s**t and refuse to release it (trust me, it's happened).

PC Gamer UK had Doom 3 listed for a Winter 2001 release date until a couple of issues ago. I hope no-one actually believed them, else they're going to be majorly disappointed...

Whats with the flames? Are you fuckers so insecure that you gotta flame *EVERYTHING* that passes by here? I posted evidence and links to people interested in learning a little more about the port. I posted a place to pre-order the game. Read my last comment, "there's hope yet ;)" means nothing more than THERE IS HOPE OF A DOOM FOR GBA... god damn.

Jesus, I wish people would learn what flaming actually is before accusing everyone of it. "oh no, he said I was wrong! Wah! I'm going to tell mummy!"

Saying that someone is wrong is not flaming. If you're offended by the fact that other people might have different opinions than yourself, then public forums on the intenet are not exactly a good place to be.

By the way, THIS is flaming:

"you a f**king wanker, your mother's a whore and your father's a fag. Take your f***ing release date s**t and eat it."

Those ETAs are total bullshit. Stores make them up so that people will preorder the game. Which would you plunk down your preorder money for -- "Doom GBA: ETA unknown" or "Doom GBA: ETA 10/30/01"? I have seen ETAs for games which haven't even started production, or didn't even exist.

*cough*Daikatana*cough*

my source is the manager of a gamestop.com, he said i could reserve it and it would be available on 10.30.01, that's what i was told, funny how things around here can get everyone so pissy, of course there can be delays and reserving doesn't mean anything, so lighten up...

Whats with the flames? Are you fuckers so insecure that you gotta flame *EVERYTHING* that passes by here?

Your point being newbie?

my source is the manager of a gamestop.com, he said i could reserve it and it would be available on 10.30.01, that's what i was told, funny how things around here can get everyone so pissy, of course there can be delays and reserving doesn't mean anything, so lighten up...

It doesn't matter how high up someone is in a company. Unless copies are already in the magazine/website/shop/whoever's hands, only the publishers know a definate release date.

Even having "gone gold" isn't enough. Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal is actually already out in the US, but there's at least three different UK release dates that different companies have for the game (29th June, 6th July, 13th July). Obviously only one of them can be right (although, of course, it could be that they're all wrong).