Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bob-Omb

Discuss the CD emulation software problem

I've got the "CD emulation software detected" error, and I've uninstalled everything that has anything to do with CD burning/emulating/ripping, which includes Clony XXL, Clone CD, Nero, and dBpowerAMP. But after rebooting it still complains. I've heard two solutions: First, uninstall Norton Ghost. To do that I'd have to uninstall my whole Norton SystemWorks, which means I'd have no virus protection or decent defragger, and anyways I paid good money for that package. The other solution was to clean my registry to make sure that every trace of my other apps are gone. I found a Clone CD folder in RegEdit, and I could probably find more stuff, but I have no idea what I'm doing in there, so could someone either help me clean my registry or offer a way to run the game with all my nice apps intact (which is what I'm hoping to accomplish ultimately. Right now I'd be happy just to play the damn game though.) I've heard talk of a no-cd crack. What is this? If it involves running everything from my hard drive (as in basically copying the whole friggin cd over, like a cd emulator) I'd be hesitant to do that. Thanks for any help!!

Hmmm... I had that same problem and I also checked to make sure there were NO image drives running. Also, check your processes list for the guilty culprits... ELBYsomething for pre CloneCD 4 and maybe Slysoft for CloneCD 4 and up...

I uninstalled the programs completely and it stopped afterwards.

Image drives CANNOT be present.

I read some of the previous threads on cd rom drive troubles, but they didnt really answer my questions. i cant find anywhere to try to solve this problem so hopefully you guys can help.

when i click on the doom 3 shortcut it starts to load then pops up a box that says

cannot locate doom 3 disk 1
Cd/Dvd emulation software has been detected. please disable all cd/dvd emulation software and re-start the game.

I had no knowledge of dvd emulation software running. i have two cd drives. one is a dvd drive and the other a cd-rw drive. i get this message on both drives. how do i disable the emulation software?

A No-CD crack is a replacement executable file that doesn't look for the presence of a game CD. Because of the no warez policy I seriously doubt you'll get one here (even asking will get a ban), but unfortunately I've been forced into using one myself. At least until I can figure out what I have to get rid of for the game to run properly, that is.

I looked up what every last process in my task manager was and got rid of everything offending, which only included Norton Ghost (NOPDB.EXE), but no go. And I have no image drives. BTW, just out of curiosity, when a modern game requires a CD to run, is it always because it needs to pluck info off the CD, or is it just so that you can't play the game without a physical copy of it?

Curious, I haven't had that problem. I'm running Alcohol and it's not causing any problems...perhaps, just unload the image from the emulated drive, that could help.

Oh, why is this? Did I cause you a problem? :P

I mean really, out of all the problem programs mentioned, Alcohol hasn't been on that list, so I assumed that it wasn't a problem...and given my complete and utter lack of problems running doom 3. Thinking about it though...it could be localisation issues. hmm.

prowler_in_the_yard said:

I read some of the previous threads on cd rom drive troubles, but they didnt really answer my questions. i cant find anywhere to try to solve this problem so hopefully you guys can help.

when i click on the doom 3 shortcut it starts to load then pops up a box that says

cannot locate doom 3 disk 1
Cd/Dvd emulation software has been detected. please disable all cd/dvd emulation software and re-start the game.

I had no knowledge of dvd emulation software running. i have two cd drives. one is a dvd drive and the other a cd-rw drive. i get this message on both drives. how do i disable the emulation software?

if you have any uninstall them

other solution would be use a no-cd crack (yes it is legal)

I was having this same problem yesterday. I thought it was Daemon Tools, but it was not...

If you have CloneCD on your system, uninstall it. This worked for myself and a friend. I could play immediately after uninstalling it.

Hope this helps!

izike

tkmaster said:

if you have any uninstall them

other solution would be use a no-cd crack (yes it is legal)

Please point to your source where it says that a no-cd crack for Doom 3 is legal.

If you DO have daemon tools running, try upgrading it. I have daemon tools running in the background and not once since I've purchased d3 has it ever complained about cd emulation problems.

EDIT: I'm merging some of these CD troubles threads, as there's no reason to have a bunch of them. Let's keep the conversation regarding this issue to this particular thread.

Personally, if some retarded copy protection thingy gives you grief while trying to play your legitimate copy of Doom3 then I don't see a problem getting a no-CD crack to get around that. Problem is that sites that typical hosts these kind of cracks are also full of other stuff that IS illegal, which is why you can't link to those.