Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkhaven

GBA Dooms?

Bashe said:

Wolf3d on the SNES...please don't bring that up. I used to like it when I was a kid, but that's when it didn't matter how bad games were back then. Now it's just so bad.

Hey, don't talk about Wolfenstein 3D like that! I mean, sure, it's got it's bad points, but once you get past...Well, actually, once you get past just about everything, it's pretty good.

But it's still pretty cool just for gameplay value, and the fact that it's a port of one of the greatest games ever made besides Doom.

Trasher][ said:
Someone hasn't played the shitty SNES port.

Oh, yeah I have. It's pretty bad. The only reason I ever played it is to copy some of the SNESWolf's maps to use in my own Wolf3D Mod. And @ Caco-Puff:

Resolution
The wall textures (Ugh!)
One or two bits of the music (most of it is really good)
The censoring (No blood, no nazi symbols, all the guards shout in English, etc.)
There's a few more things that I haven't thought of yet...

Sephiroth said:

also a must have for the GBA is wolf3d

Agreed, I USED TO HAVE Wolf3d but I sold it after I got tired of it.

Great game to be on the GBA though - Im just not out enough to have time to even fool with a GBA - PC's take up WAYYYYYY too much of my time.

=P

what about GBA doom 2, i heard its a little better, but yes, I think that GBA doom sucked royally. I didnt get far enough in it to find out, but what do you mean about Baron being the tougest enemies. No cybie or mastermind?

Nope, "Tower of babel" is replaced by a PS doom level (the one before tower of babel in that game if i recall), but with a ton of barons and cacodemons in it, still its pretty easy with the plasma gun. I havent got to the final level yet, so i dont know what they will do for the 'last boss', probably another modified console level with a ton of barons

Does GBA Doom 2 have the big two?, i know it has all the proper levels...

I just wana say this, Its impossiable with the GBA controlls, its awful, Only game i like on the game boy is pokemon(Yes i know its for kids, but its still simple controlls and fun FOR THE GBA ONLY!) And Mario Golf Advance tour, every other gba game ive played sucks because it was a pc game with good controlls, then it was ruined by porting it to gba, DOOM and doom 2 are good examples of the worse controlls you could ever imagine, Has anyone beat it without god mode???!!?

P.S. I love all the doom series, Just not the shitty controlls of the GBA.

I just got done playing Wolf3D on the SNES. Oh, nostalgia...will you ever cease.

Now that I just got done, I'm gonna play NewWolf and be greeted to incredibly hi-res textures (I got the retexturing pack) and better res sprites. Whoa, what a change.

For some reason, I can play SNES Wolf3D for a while, but I can barely play SNES Doom for longer that 10 minutes.

Hey, for a list of changes in the Doom games (SNES, GBA, etc.) check out Ledmeister's comparison page here.

deathbringer said:

Does GBA Doom 2 have the big two?, i know it has all the proper levels...

Yes, it does have the big two baddies in all the normal positions. One thing about the proper levels, however... a couple of the larger ones (and the specific levels escape me at the moment) are split into two seperate levels. Everything IS intact, but not always continuous.

I picked up a GBA SP solely for Dooming on the go just the other day, and I was wondering: Where is a good place on the net to snag GBA Doom or Doom2?

If that's honestly the sole reason you got the thing then TAKE IT BACK NOW AND GET A GAMEPARK 32. You can play the real Doom with a real framerate and resolution.