Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomDan

Do Monsters in Doom 3 Fight each other??

One of my Favorite things about Doom I and II was when Monsters got into brawls with each other.Do they do this in Doom 3???

Lower monsters do not fight higher demons, but higher will attack the lower if provoked (IE Imp and Revenant) but lower monster projectiles can hurt others of the same type, strangely.

Heh, this is how it has always been, and always should be!
The old doom monsters used to fight way more often. Doom 3 does not really seem to have alot of situations that would make the monsters fight (like big rooms full of different kinda of monsters positioned so they would get into a cross fire)....

I've seen them fight many times. One situation was when a revenant fired rockets at me from another room. Fortunately, the door closed before the rockets came into the room I was in. But, unfortunate for the imp that had just teleported into that room near the door and got splash damage from the rockets when they hit the door. When the door opened I saw the revenant facing me (not fighting the imp) and the imp got in his last swip of claws and the revenant went down. I was so shocked that the imp sent a fire ball at me and I too went down. I found it odd that the revenant stayed forcused on attacking me while the imp was obviously hitting it. Dumb revenant, well what do you expect from a skeleton?

You can easily change a monsters rank. All you have to do is change a single digit in their def.

Also, is it just me or does the cyberdemon seem especially enthusiastic about killing other monsters?

Yeah, even if he doesn't step on them, they die from splash damage. Strange... I spawned like 20 teammates against the Cyberdemon and he just walked round crushing them all.

Just before the first teleport area in the Delta Labs (in the cross-shaped corridor with four doors) there is a Chaingun Commando hiding behind a barrel on the right half-way down and a Revenant walking in from the opposite end.

I managed to avoid them both by backing off and letting the doors close, but of course the Chaingun takes a while to cool down... the Revenant got a load of bullets and promptly got annoyed and took out the Commando.

The result was that the Revenant wasn't facing me any more, so I managed to creep all the way behind him and take a picture of his shiny translucent ass.

At which point he span around and I got punched in the face.

I'll stick a picture up tomorrow, hopefully.

Black Hand said:

I can't wait for a mod that allows classic to be done...

Even if he is banned, that was a good line.

I haven't seen alot of fighting go on between demons, just occasionally. I have seen lower demons attack higher ones, and vice versa, so I don't know if it's a bug or if that info about the rankings is incorrect... or I could've just missed something.

Damn, I knew I forgot something. Sorry, I'll put the picture down here on Tuesday. Also caught a Hell Knight picking on an imp in Hell, hopefully my picture of that will come out too.

You know, I've never as of yet seen two monsters attack each other, but I'm always on the lookout :) EDIT: Exept spawning a Cyberdemon and a zombie, the latter being taken out, but this doesn't really count in the same way...

Tingler I'm interested in seeing those screenies...

Remembered, even if I did accidentally delete the Revenant Back picture (AARGH!)

That's a Hell Knight after he just finished off an imp - you can just see the smoke from its remains.

Pretty self-explanatory.

EDIT: Hooray. Here we go:

This is after the Commando took a pot shot at him. For some reason he then forgot about me (note: noclip or any other cheat was NOT used here!)

Is there any way for you to lighten the second pic? I cannot really see anything as the pic is to dark.

You might try typeing, "r_gamma 1.3" in the console. That will lighten the pic up a bit and sharpen the res a bit to. Found the tip in the latest MaximumPC magazine.

LoL, every time you save a D3-pic onto your hd, your browser should automatically do a 50% brightness increase. :D