Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mkfanatic

Pray To God difficulty?

I remembering hearing about this a while back. From what I remember, I think it was supposed to be on Ultimate Doom but I know it's not. Does anybody remember hearing about this? It's supposed to be harder than the Nightmare difficulty (though I don't see how). It's been such a long time that I first heard about it that I don't really remember much what I heard about it.

I've actually seen the Pray To God, a long time ago. It may have been one specific wad, but I remember setting it from some kind of launcher.

Anyway, it was pretty nuts, and my clearest memory of it was Arch-Viles (and BFGs) on Map 02 of Doom 2. Maybe it just inserted high-powered things in the levels?

Some of the old shovelware disks (D-Zone, etc.) came with front-ends and utilities that randomized wads in various ways, or otherwise altered maps. For instance, you select the "Pray to God" option in the launcher, and it replaces small monsters with bigger ones, and then launches the modified map on Nightmare skill.

It sounds like something from that, and not something in the game itself.

Yeah, that sounds right, since the person who's PC I was playing on (my grandfather's, heh) had gotten D!Zone and had been playing with it a lot, so I started messing around with it.

Anyway, it wasn't fun or anything, in case anyone's wondering, at least not at the time, since I sucked at Doom back then (must've been around 7 or 8).