Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

Character Names

I held a small poll over in the General forum to hear everyone's idea on what the Doomguy's name should be for the purposes of fan fiction (Doom Chronicles is really just fan fiction embodied in a WAD package). The only serious answer I got was John Canter. So far, I am going to go with this name, as the name isn't too bad. What I also need to find out is what everyone reckon's the name of his Superior Officer that he punched out should be called. Again, put forth some names and I'll pick either the best or a couple of the best and everyone can vote on them. Also, if u think you can supply a better name for Doomguy, please go ahead, just specify which one you are voting for.

I held a small poll over in the General forum to hear everyone's idea on what the Doomguy's name should be for the purposes of fan fiction (Doom Chronicles is really just fan fiction embodied in a WAD package). The only serious answer I got was John Canter. So far, I am going to go with this name, as the name isn't too bad. What I also need to find out is what everyone reckon's the name of his Superior Officer that he punched out should be called. Again, put forth some names and I'll pick either the best or a couple of the best and everyone can vote on them. Also, if u think you can supply a better name for Doomguy, please go ahead, just specify which one you are voting for.

I say the Doomguy's name is Allen (Dwayne) Cartwright, and the officer's name is Mark Albrecht.

Allen's drinking buddy is named John Canter. (I think that name's good, just not what the Doomguy should be called.)

His wife is named Trisha. He has two kids, Allen Jr. and Becca Michelle, aged 16 and 12, respectively. His wife is 32, and he is 37, with 19 years of service behind him, mostly rather undistinguished, but he has a penchant for both being in the right place at the right time for getting a promotion and for doing things to fuck that up again.

Mark Albrecht is a fuckhead who deserved to be punched, and has a habit of giving out contradictory orders six times in seven minutes (not literally - but he does do that kind of thing). He has never been married, and there are rumors of his being homosexual which nobody has ever tried to find out the truth of. (In reality, he is not, but he never hears these rumors anyway, so he doesn't know.)

More information if you folks want it.

OH GOD NO

Well, Q says he is :P

http://www.doomworld.com/eternity/etcchar.html

Forget what you have heard, the Doomguy is NOT Flynn Taggart. Very few people like that name, and it will not stay.

Yeah, his name is Bob. And the guy he punched out? Bob. And the first zombie he sees? Bob. :)

I say the Doomguy's name is Allen (Dwayne) Cartwright, and the officer's name is Mark Albrecht.

Allen's drinking buddy is named John Canter. (I think that name's good, just not what the Doomguy should be called.)

Those names do sound alright, but I have another idea for John Canter now... He will be the main character in Chapter 2 of Doom Chronicles... although I'm not quite sure if that name for DoomGuy will be liked by the public... time for a vote.... Allen Cartwright or a different name?

Yeah, his name is Bob. And the guy he punched out? Bob. And the first zombie he sees? Bob. :)

Heh, Bob. I like it.................. Bob.

Bob,
Bob,
Bob!

B-O-B ---> Bob :)

Heh, Bob. I like it.................. Bob.

Bob,
Bob,
Bob!

B-O-B ---> Bob :)

No, all of the demons are named Bob. And the BoHs are all named Greg.

I say that the Doomguy's name should be something like, say, John Talmadge. It sounds right for a man like the Doomguy.

BoH's are named Greg? I've been using Billy (they look like a mix between goat and man... billy goats...)

BoH's are named Greg? I've been using Billy (they look like a mix between goat and man... billy goats...)

Well, maybe it's the Hell Knights that are Greg.

the adventures of flynn faggart....heh WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING WHEN THEY CAME UP WITH THAT NAME? i mean....imagine this....a GAY version of doom....HAHAHAHA....when he gets shot he goes uhh in this real girly whiny voice and doomguy got a rainbow bandanna on his head....and a dildo glued to his crotch

a rainbow bandanna on his head....and a dildo glued to his crotch

Last time I looked this guy was named Maonth. Or as i like to call him, Gayonth.

Jesus Christ, all of yous, quit making a fuss over a name. Geez, some people....

/me writes the word DOOM on the Wall

Why don't we leave the Doomguy's name to DOOM because that what the Doomguy's name is in Quake 3 Arena.

Take it easy, man...you are worrying about nothing....the name will be as the "arena god", Carmack himself, will feel like....

I think his name should be Russel Levy.

That's not too terribly bad either.

Current standings of names in my book:

Allen Cartwright: 100%
Russell Levy: 85%
Awright Fughead: 72%
Bob: 11%
Con Jarmack: 4.2%
Ron Jomero: 4%
DOOM: 0%
Flynn Taggart: -69%
Maonth: -666%
Ralphis: -infinity

Just call him Russell Cartwright and be done with it. Russell Levy sounds too... Starship Troopers (Ace Levy anyone?)... not that that's a bad thing... but a merge between the two names sounds good

His name is Mike Watson.

No, that man has gone to a better place.

No, prower wants Mike Watson because it will sound better in his next demented tale: "The John Carmack, John Romero, and DoomGuy Threesome".

Mike Watson is the name of a former Doomer who went by the nickname of Cyberdemon. See http://cyb.alkali.org.

His name is Flynn, like the guy said. I saw it in a doom novel some guy in my class had, i think, but it sounds REALLY familiar

The novels, according to 99% of people, suck.

Hence, his name should not be Flynn.

And he should not have a female sidekick named Arlene. If he has a female sidekick, name her Kat.

Hey Katgut I like your signature.And the DOOMGUYS name should be Johnathan Raits (pronounced Rayts)