Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

doom's bad new flavor!

I think whoever commits a violent crime should be locked away at a slave camp, and work for the families of the victims.

..................I think that people who feel as you do should all be moved into the same community, & then have all these criminals, thiefs, rapists, serialkillers, etc. move right in with you guys, like as neighbors and roommates. Then let's put your concepts to the test. You can give them a hug & tell them you understand them & that they're not responsible.

Hmmmmm... I can sense a little hate here. Let me remind you, that hate is the emotion that these guys felt too when they raped/shot/stabbed someone. In other words > Hate is an emotion you can't remove from a human being. So, as long as there will be humans, there will be serialkillers, rapists, murderers, etc.

Um, dude, don't even presume to know what is going on inside these guys' heads. I don't.

Re: hate, you are correct in that we are inseparably entwined with our human-ness, but that doesn't excuse criminal acts (I'm sure that's not what you meant anyway). Yes, we are all flawed & capable of despicable acts. That's where volition comes in--we resolve to not act upon our impulses. We quell outrageous thoughts when they arise. We bite our tongue when we feel like ripping on someone. That's sort of where the "turn the other cheek" & "don't return evil for evil" is coming from.

& yes, I feel a bit like a hypocrite because I feel like I was ripping on you a bit, & I'm sorry if I came across that way.

...& yes, I feel a bit like a hypocrite because I feel like I was ripping on you a bit, & I'm sorry if I came across that way.

No problem, you're forgiven.
But I do believe that some violent people can change. I know for a fact that some neo-nazi's changed into helpfull & friendly people. Unfortunately, some never change.

And you're right about the 'bite your tongue'-thing.. But, today I read in the newspaper > A girl (I believe she was 8 years old) was locked in a small, dark closet for 4(!) years by her parents. She was covered with dust, spiderwebs and lots of bugs. She's now in a hospital recovering from her terrifying 'adventure'.

Sorry for saying this, but I wouldn't bite my tongue after coming out of the damn closet, but to be honest, I think I'd kill them.

Yeah, but would that be an act of hate, if you considered what had happened?

Yes, I think it would be an act of hate. Who wouldn't hate his parents for doing something like that?
But I think everyone could understand if you wanted revenge after something like that.

Well, the question is, would they be able to recognise the emotion, let alone ANY snesations after 4 years of unbroken social, intellectual, environmental, physical, and psychological isolation?

... boy, lots of political stuff in here. :)

I'd add something to the post pile, but I'm just clueless to the whole thing, so I'll just, ummm, go back under the rock I crawled out from under... =)

Test-0