Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ezxariarch

What is the worse Doom mod/wad you've ever played?

Just out of curiosity, what is the worse mod/wad you've ever played. This includes the levels (of course), graphics, and overall design. It can be both multiplayer and single.

If I had to name the absolutely worst thing I have ever seen it'd be sadhusct.wad. That thing is so unbelievably bad it defies belief.

But if you disregard the genuine crap floating around I'd have to say Doom Rampage Edition. That's easily the worst WAD someone invested some real work in.

very first wad I ever played, randomly pulled from the archives: pyramid.wad I think

Im surprised nobody mentioned theskymaybe, and in which, I would have shocked them by informing them, that I actually enjoyed that one, in a non-orgasmic way

I think prolly the worst wads I've come across came off the d!zone disc. one of the worst is 1.wad. it's just a crappy redo of e1m1. wow.wad was just stupid. there are a ton of others, but those are the ones that stick out at the moment.

Zeg-Vok said:

Im surprised nobody mentioned theskymaybe, and in which, I would have shocked them by informing them, that I actually enjoyed that one, in a non-orgasmic way

That peice of abosolute genius humour has inspired many of my comedy wads to date.Only 1 of which had a release.And it wasnt even a release I just posted it in a topic that had to to with TSMB.

I liked TSMB very much. It has the level of madness that nowadays jokewads will never reach. Besides, we all know that THE GUN IS GOOD!!! :P

I'll copy/paste from my replies when similar questions have been asked in the past:

Really crappy stupid annoying ideas: Andy's WAD (in a twisted way I kind of liked this one though)
Just miserably pathetic: Boom v2.3
Suicide-inducing: Nightmares of Loki 1999

And here's a list of the worst [other] ones I had the misfortune to play while doing /newstuff reviews:
LabrinthV2
WhiteKnuckle
ASSHOLE!!!
Amazing
Female Doom
Sadhus Chauffeur Trio
Bjarne
crappything
ASSENT
TsotsoFx

Grazza's list is very good (heh, I wrote that review for ASSENT. If you can't spell the title of your WAD right, that has to be a bad sign...). I pretty much agree with all of his picks.

I've played *a lot* of bad WADs. Here's a small sample, from off the top of my head:

ARENA O' DEATH 1.2 (so obviously they had a 1.0 version, I hesitate to find out what that looked like)
Bakaroo1
canyon (Less complex than wow.wad!)
dmelvisp (The worst mod of all time, probably? This atrocity *will* give you brain damage)

... and of course wow. It's just ... wow. ;-)

The worst wad I've ever played is iirc called Black and White. In Black and White, there are some cool effects (I think it was the gallow's silhoettes (sp?) against a white back ground) unfourtunately the few cool tricks were destroyed by the fact that you couldn't see whereyou were going because the map was fullbright so it was either like being snow blind or having a bag placed on your head. It was the ugliest stool that was ever shat.

Heh, no offence to the experimental creator of course.

Sadhusct.wad without question, although walk2.wad for Hexen comes mighty close.

VileSlay said:

I think prolly the worst wads I've come across came off the d!zone disc. one of the worst is 1.wad. it's just a crappy redo of e1m1. wow.wad was just stupid. there are a ton of others, but those are the ones that stick out at the moment.

Vileslay knows as well as I do that these wads take the cake on the crappiness scale. the cream of the crop of suckiness.

Nonsense. Those were probably made before node builders were readily available. People first got their hands on simple tools or instructions that allowed them to move vertices or add and change things.

Doing something shitty and annoying later is worse than doing very little early on, especially since one couldn't do much at all initially.

I never remember the crap wads. They get deleted so fast I don't even have time to look at the filename.

I'm not sure if the worst, but for me, Mockery is not far from there. Skilled authors put effort and time to make a wad bad, the first seconds are fun, then it gets uglier and more boring than some of the worst wads. It was supposed to be a joke, but with all the hype (that ruins all kind of jokes) plus the tedious gameplay, personaly I prefer an old crappy 1994 wad than it.

And yes, that "Resident Evil" mod is bad too.

From the cacowards page...

The 11th Anual Cacowards was written by Scuba Steve