Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

ID games

how many games use ID technology now days. Just about every game out there uses some id technology. the console system has become popular and so have many of the key bindings. I wounder how many games the new doom engine will spawn

You're right, but that's cos They're so goddamn good! Look at how many Q3 engined games there are. It's a good solid engine with lots of features. However, I'm waitng to see games start to use the Serious Engine. THAT kicks some ass.

Personally, I think there are a lot better engines out there from what I've seen...I haven't played Q3A, but the Quake II engine was great...however, the Quake I engine sucked for its time period. Bethesda's Xngine was WAY better and way more efficient. I also really liked Monolith's Lithtech Engine...made half-life's modified Quake I engine look VERY pathetic. Also, Jedi Knight's engine was excellent...but that's all I can think of for now...And no, I don't think that the Xngine is a good idea for games today...and the Doom engine, to me, is still the god of gaming engines.

...and the Doom engine, to me, is still the god of gaming engines.

of course it is. Does anyone reckon that the Q3A engine has any doom code in there still? Or am I being silly?

I shouldn't have any doom code...at least not that I know of, because doom wasn't coded with C

So what was Doom coded in, Pascal?

I don't know...I remember reading something on the 5 years of doom thing abou the making of Doom...but I'm quite certain they used a completely different programming software.

thanks...thought it might be that, but I hadn't perused the article in awhile...I have a tendency to read things only once...except that Maxim articel on Denise Richards, or any Lambourghini coverage I can find :p