Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freakin' Noob

Palettes

Are you loading a PNG file? If you use the latest beta, you don't have to do anything special: there's a new option which is on by default, that always loads PNG files as Raw Data.

After loading .png's as raw data, do you add these to texture and pnames or just leave'em as is.

I just leave 'em as patches. Sometimes i make larger textures outta them, but there's usually no need. So yeh, i add em to Pnames and texture (when i do make textures)

Because I tried to load my png's a "raw data" and they don't show up in my texture application window. I also tried to add them to texture and pnames and they won't go. You mentioned making your textures larger... if I may ask... how do you accomplish this? I have Corel's "Paintshop Pro X", ver.3

mac

First you need to make sure that they actallu register as patches. After that, add them to pames. Then build textures outta them. Then use the "Add to Texture" option. does that help?

I'm not too sure by what you mean by "registering them as patches"!!!

I load a .png, add it to texture and I'm done. But when I load a png as raw data it doesn't register as anything except as a png! It won't add to anything as far as texture or pnames when loaded as raw data. I must be missing something here... :-\

ok. so "load raw data" (your png images) then add them to pnames. go to the texture editor, make your new texture, then goto the menu "texture" and select "add patch." it will then put some random patch on the new texture, then just change it to the new patch (the one you just added) in pnames. then save it. better?

No sir!!!!

A serious confirmation....

My appology for sounding that way... My ability to communicate using the keyboard seriously lacks skills.

Your assistance with this matter is seriously appreciated and needed.