Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frederick the Great

XWE Tutorials

I haven't seen any tutorials, but its help function can help, and its menus are relatively transparent. I've learned to use it mainly by using it. You can always ask around if something seems to escape you or doesn't seem to be working.

There's a built in help file, in which I tried to describe the most common WAD editing functions. Press F1 -> Contents -> Documentation -> Basic WAD editing operations.

It's cool but outdated. Ie. for importing flats, they it's described (the old way) is SO many steps. From TFM:

"Double-click the FLOOR button from the Filter Toolbar. You can select multiple entries. This will
- Create FF_START and FF_END lumps (if needed).
- Import all the selected images and save them as Doom flats."

Simple :-)

Csabo said:

There's a built in help file, in which I tried to describe the most common WAD editing functions. Press F1 -> Contents -> Documentation -> Basic WAD editing operations.

Tell me...

How does this help when the only thing that comes up when I click on this link is an inactive graphic pic?

I am just now using XWE for the first time and on Windows Vista the help file is not readable. I was given a link to a plugin which I downloaded and it didn't help at all. Does anyone know if the help file can be downloaded maybe as a PDF somewhere else, like the Doombuilder manual is?

spacelion88 said:

Does anyone know if the help file can be downloaded maybe as a PDF somewhere else, like the Doombuilder manual is?

Here you go. The help file doesn't cover every menu option though if there's sufficient demand I'll consider adding new content to the PDF file.