• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Corbachu_32

I need help for a Doom project please

Hey all you Doom fans. I need help with a Doom project entitled:
Resident Evil: Knee-Deep in the Dead
Please, only thing I have gotten are some layout plans. I was originally working on a project wich had other things in it but id shut it down. I am not very expierienced.
Anybody who would help please forward to this e-mail:
Corbachu@web-effx.com
Thanks. I am looking for a weapon coder, a person experienced on different engines, a level designer, a sound engineer, (I have most sounds already to go), and a person to teach me how to rip 3d weapon models from other games and put them into Doom II. The engine which I am most experienced with is Legacy. Edge, Zdoom, and Jdoom are welcome. Thanks.

Ok, sorry. I forgot the details:

*The Engine used preferabbly is EDGE, although Legacy is welcome. So is Zdoom.
*The game will take place mainly in a large city, and mainly in hell. I have some cool concepts.
*The Demons will talk to you, and give you valuable information on your quest, not to mention Zombies
*There will be bots in the game, although some may be civilians, and others helpers
*I don't know how to generate 3d models in the game, but I have tried and has become a waste. Need help
*I need programmers, a level designer, and a musician.
*The game will be based according to Resident Evil storyline and the Doom novels
*New monsters and weapons planned
*Cinematics
*The game might take it in a RE persona, but haven't gotten details yet.
*I have me and a friend working on it. Help needed.

Drop by www.geocities.com/corbachu to see website. Not project related, but still ok.

Please I need help and would really enjoy working with poeple I don't know.
:) Thanks (:

I'm busy with Lock and Load at the moment, which uses EDGE 1.24. I'm not going beyond that until the EDGE code is optimised so I can make mods that everyone can use. Anyways, I'll help if I can, but only in granting permissions for graphics and such.

NWC

Thanks man. I was going to ask about the Lock and Load...with the weapons. What about EDGE? How does that work? And what are the ddf files for? Can't I port it to Legacy or Zdoom?

Legacy to Zdoom I'm not sure. DDF's are files that define everything; attacks, line effects in sectors, enemies, everything. Anyways, if you want weapons graphics, e-mail me what you want, and I'll return the e-mail with info and permissions depending on what it is you ask for.

NWC

I could tell you how to convert 3d weapons (from half life or quake2) to 2d to use them in doom.

I've been experimenting and the results aren't bad at all. You can also use the same technique for other things like medpacks, ammo and even monsters.

If you're interested, I'll send you a couple of quick tests I've done and you can check out the quality.

Really? That would be most helpful. Yeah, drop them by to my e-mail:
corbachu@web-effx.com

I would need all the help I can get. Thanks. Drop a couple of tests and insturctions on how to do it. Does this apply for all 3d games?

Awesome. Thanks for your help. Now, anyone else, who knows how to design levels? BTW, where's the Lock and Load website?

I've been thinking of doing a resident evil style map for Doom for quite some time now, but unfortunately it wouldn't work too well unless mouselook was off and a port was used where md2 models are used. I would try making it in ZDoomGL but I haven't heard good things about that port so I haven't bothered downloading it.

The Lock and Load home page is: http://ca.geocities.com/pilottobombadier

WOW. Thank you Lobo/Luke. If you want you can help with the mod. I would really dig it. Thanks for the title page, and yes, I have the Chris Redfield model, any way to convert it into 2d for me? By the way, Dark_Photon, you can be a EDGE person or whatnot. Thanks everybody.

Anyone else want to help?

BTW, I am creating a homepage as I speak, so it will have a messageboard on there and stuff, so we can all talk. You guys are onfficially a member of the team. All of you guys who wanted to, please you HAVE TO e-mail me to this address:
Corbachu@Web-effx.com
Once again, anyone who already said they were gonna help, e-mail me and tell me what you are interested in doing. Thanks for all your support.

I am open to level designers. WWWAAAYYY open. And for someone to teach me and Cypher_ how to do EDGE.
:)THANKS(:

There has been changes made in the last 3 to 4 hours.

* We are optimized to use EDGE. No other source ports will be accepted (unless you can port them).

* We need level designers (ones who know the features of EDGE and knows how to use them, either that or really damn good levels).

* We need a couple of EDGE programmers e.g. ones who know how to use DDF files and knows how to do 3d effects

* Anyone who wants to contribute officially becomes a part of The Doom Gods team, and therefore needs to e-mail me for confirmation and what they want to do (you MUST DO THIS PROCUDURE) {thanks}
Corbachu@web-effx.com

* We need musicians (either that or we will have TeamTNT do the midi effects for the game (is there MOD or MP3 support for EDGE?)

* We need Sound Engineers (we have most sounds ready to go)

* I need to know if you want to be temporary team members for this project only OR perminate team members

* We need people who are really good with monsters (I am talking brutal) Remember, this isn't called RE Doom for nothing

* Please Read: IF POSSIBLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO IS HOSTED ON A WEB SITE or something THAT HAS UNLIMITED FTP SPACE AND OTHERS. Note: This is NOT REQUIRED but Geocities is kind of limited, you know.

* Basically, anyone who wants to do anything with this project e-mail me on the double.

People who are now wanting to contribute must e-mail me plz so we can get you confirmed. We need all the help we can get. I would so dig the help, because this is my first REAL projet and would love to learn from the pros.

Thanks for your support. Anyone who wants to ask questions just post them, anyone who wants to contribute can either post and e-mail, or just e-mail.

Person Requirements:

-You MUST have an internet connection (duh)
-You must be able to keep in contact with me
-You must know how to edit Doom and send bi-weekly reports of status (only if you want)
-Anything goes, as long as you aren't already working on another project, that would be useless, we do not want to drag you away from your current project
-You must agree with LEGAL plans (read the ID Software eula file
-You must have a working a Doom II exe and a copy of EDGE on your computer

System Requirements:
-As long as you can edit Doom, you are okay
-If you want to be a demo person, you are welcome

Send all ideas, comments, and sign-up thingys to my e-mail address, once again:

Corbachu@web-effx.com

This is no joke like Fredericks fake wad thing (no dispute here). This is for real and you must be able to contribute and work like a team.
Thanks everyone who wants to help. I am open to people until we are already 30 to 40 percent done. Beta testers are welcome too! Rock on!

The Doom Gods Team--Corbachu

I'm cool with that corbachu. By the way, I've already sent you an e-mail. L:ike I said in the e-mail, I would love to help out on the web front, as well as with DDF coding, which I will seriously need help with. (the last part of that sentence was directed to anyone out there who knows EDGE programming and would like to help me in this project.) I was thinking I could build up the web-presence part of the project. How's this sound: Project: Doom Gods. The last good site without advertising. Here's the prototype, like I told you: Click here. I hope you like it.

-Dark_Photon

For anyone who has been wondering what version of EDGE I am going to use, it ouwld be:

EDGE v1.27 (as of this moment).

Newer versions come out, more porting would be done. Although my last post sounded frightening, don't run away. I need all the help I (we) can get. Please, I did not mean to sound like a snobby ass, but this is a first time thing, and I wanted to make a good impression. Thanks Dark_Photon and Cypher_ for contributing. Remember, e-mail me the confirmation.
Thanks

The Doom Gods Team--Corbachu

I've already sent you a mail to count me in and I'll see if I can get that Chris conversion to you before the weekend. But to do that I need to know where the models is!!

One thing I forgot to mention in the mail is that you can count me as a permanent member (for the moment :-)) but if things get hectic (exams,work,etc.) I might have to slow down the rate of production.
Don't worry about it,we'll see what happens !

Allright, that sounds kickass! I will send a reply back to you in a moment...

For anyone else, please sign up cause we need all the help we can get! Thanks!

As for you Adamizer, you need to send me a confirmation thing, cause we would love you to be on the team. Another thing, Lobo, try to spread the word around. We need all the help we can get.

Ok, I have members (about 3). I need more.
Anyone who contributes to my team will recieve a (FREE) program which will eliminate the ads on Doomworld.com, or any other web page. Developed by Dark_Photon. Anyone who wants to be a part of The Doom Gods Team, report to my e-mail,
Corbachu@web-effx.com
We need level designers! About 3 to 4 will be enough. Please sign up today. We will love you to be a part of the badassed. If you want some more info (missalaneous), go to:
www.geocities.com/corbachu
So far, we have 1 3d to 2d artist, one ddf file coder, one 3d artist, and a sound engineer. We need more people, and especially need help with the Level Designing.
Remember, if you sign up, you get:
*A free program which will kick the asses of the ads.
*A Doom screensaver
*Kickass games, not to mention free software.
So sign up today. We are really looking for:
Level Designers
3d coders
others are welcome (hell, even speeddemoing and beta tsting)
So seeya around, and have a BLAST!

Yep. That's right. Look at my other profile.
BANNED FROM WAREZ
What do you suppose that means? I will tell you.
HARD DRIVE CRASH
That means my Doom II drive (yes, Doom II has its own hd) crashed, along with Windows XP. DAMNED XP!
Anyways, everything got wiped out. IN short, my e: drive is gone. On my d:, I have a copy of Doom2, but illegial. Therefore I deleted it. And I have nothing left.
EXCEPT FOR MY CURRENT PROJECT! It was found on the C: drive. Now I have no DoomII (except the one I found last night).
So production of the mod has slowed down a bit. That doesn't mean we will not be working. Lobo and Dark_Photon are working hard to ensure that nothing will go wrong.
So we are aiming for a beta test around March. If everything goes right. And my hard drive. Just a little news is all.
BTW, anyone who wants to contribute please forward e-mails to this address:
brendoe@hotmail.com--Dark Photon's e-mail.
Mine was not deleted, but it is unstable. Only if it is really important, like actuall members on the team, e-mail my address. But in case you haven't already found out,
Windows Xp cost me money ($200), a hard drive (80 gigs) {FULL OF DOOM!), a Doomworld banning (1), and my current production on the mod (slowndown).
So please bare with me. I have some screenshots of weapons (2) so go ahead and go by:
www.geocities.com/corbachu
BTW, we are now coding in GLEDGE, but as I speak, Fagmaster and The_Shambler are busy (REAL BUSY) working on a new Doom engine/sourceport that we will be using in the future (Quake III arena engine). Yes, you heard me. Doom II completely in Quake III engine (looks good too!)
Now all we have to do is tell id, which they know me pretty well...

We are officially on track again. Our mod status is at 4%! Yeah, I know, your thinking...so? Well, that just means every 3 days it raises 4%, meaning we will be done by the time Febuary starts. And great news follows great news:
The people over at www.planethalflife.com joined forces with us. Their Resident Evil mod for Half-life is going to be released soon, so I asked them, and they are now the porducers of the mod! We have them guiding us, which woll more likely raise the bar to 8%. But then again, Christmas Break is ending today, and I go back to high school tomorrow. So minus 2% and we get 6%! Pretty descent. Anyways, I will keep updating the status for ahwile.***************** And the PRE-BETA version of
Make Doom go Quake (3) has come out! Get it at our site (note: our site is down right now. Link coming soon). It is a DOOM ENGINE rewritten in Quake 3 engine, however, it is cross-compatible. It is only a beta and it is EXTREMELY BUGGY. So I advise you guys to be careful with it. Only compatible with XP, which I don't have anymore ('98). One thing I ask in return: Keep it quiet, because we don't want to get sued again from id software. heh.

wah, noone wants poor deathy. goto http://www.doomers.org/uacress to see my lovely ddf work, but don't be expecting me to work until i've finished all my projects. (at least 8 of them)

Hey everyone. News informing about the project:

We got 3 new members on the team. If you want more information about the mod please go to:

www.notinsane.net/thedoomgods

Site kicks butt. Anyways, anyone still interested here are a few tidbits:

Lobo, one of my team members, has announced he will be using REAL things from the psx games (RE series) into the GLEDGE engine. He says the real skins will be making it into the game and a couple of music tracks as well. Anyone wanting to contact him about the subject to proove that he is e-mail him at:
luke_d_brennan@yahoo.com
Seeya around and keep checking the site back for updates!

I'd like to work on a resident Evil project

I got far with my own RE project for doom a while back

but Im on too many as it is

zombies rewl

Great, we need all the help we can get. Send an e-mail to Corbachu@web-effx.com and Corbachu@yahoo.com in order to join the team. Also, tell me what you want to do in the team in your e-mail.