Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vader

KDiZD is done!

Catoptromancy said:

Well doesnt work in skulltag because a decorate entry is named wrong. Like all the other decorate entry error wads someone will make a Skulltag version of this.

When I make a map, I like to test it on all ports.

It is called Knee Deep in Zdoom right?

Yeah, that map was insanely huge. There's a door down in the mines behind a switch that says you need to turn on both coils first. Open it and hit the switch there.

I couldn't find the secret exit in that map though.

I only played the first map, but it's pretty damn impressive. I like the idea of those action indicators.

Excellent! This is really like Doom 3 brought to Doom 1!

If there are bandwidth problems, I'll be happy to provide an additional direct download mirror, with the author's permission ofc.

@Craigs, Bank, Vegeta, EANB, Steevoo, Searcher, boris, The lag, Maes - Thx, glad to hear that you liked it :) :) :)

@Dr.Zin - I don't see any problem concerning the drawing style of our new monsters, in my eyes they fit perfect to the rest of our monsters and all our spriters did a great job with them ;)

@RoneyKyakoney - This was a decision made by the team at the very end. The OGGs weren't that good at all and using Doom with a good soundfont with the original midis really sounded better, so we just removed the extra 30MB of OGGs to a better download size.

@Cato - Maybe this will happen as it needs only minor changes and Skulltag is up to date as far as I know but don't expect it (too early)

Catoptromancy said:

Well doesnt work in skulltag because a decorate entry is named wrong. Like all the other decorate entry error wads someone will make a Skulltag version of this.

When I make a map, I like to test it on all ports.

It was tested with Skulltag, and after a recent change (involving the grenade launcher) it works fine. You are using the latest version of ST, right?

EDIT: Thinking about it, it's possible the fix was accidentally not included in the released project.

It doesn't work with Skulltag, thanks to the insane amount of new resources it adds. There's a collision with some of the decorations.

Honestly, I think that's something Skulltag has to resolve. They just can't expect that every WAD out there is tested with it but with DECORATE and user created items it constantly is at risk of not working with ZDoom levels due to actor name collisios.

Tormentor667 said:

@RoneyKyakoney - This was a decision made by the team at the very end. The OGGs weren't that good at all and using Doom with a good soundfont with the original midis really sounded better, so we just removed the extra 30MB of OGGs to a better download size.

Meaning it's supposed to be playing midis? Because there is no music at all.

EDIT: Disregard; I am retarded.

I just realized something...I played thru the first level again...and for some reason, it felt very much like Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (ambience wise)...anyone else notice this?

I didn't expect the levels to so close to the originals architecture-wise.

Luckily it isn't the dramatic lighting fest i feared it would be.

RoneKyakone said:

Meaning it's supposed to be playing midis? Because there is no music at all.

If you play this with Doom2 you won't get any music.

I downloaded it from the first unofficial mirror and I got it in 2 seconds. I don't know what every is going about it being too slow.

It was awesome! The only flaw I see is the music. It repeats over and over until the final boss fights, and gets annoying. But the music is a minor flaw, everything else is OK.

JacKThERiPPeR said:

It was awesome! The only flaw I see is the music. It repeats over and over until the final boss fights, and gets annoying. But the music is a minor flaw, everything else is OK.

Exactly what I said on the ZDoom forum. And Graf Zahl was so easily amused by that. :-)

But I realized my mistake, and somebody pointed it out as well, by using DOOM2.WAD instead of DOOM.WAD.

BTW, the stupid radio screaming playing every 30 seconds got really annoying after the first 4 minutes...was there a point to that? And since when do radios sound that clear?

I'm loving it so far I am playing Z1M3 trying to find the secrets, every time I see things that amaze me I never knew you could make those things in zdoom.

I like those litle computer screens showing an door opens up somewhere alot better than cut scenes, the new monsters are really nice as well.

edit; nevermind.

Wow, this is pretty good. Gameplay could be better but the concept and design is top notch awesomeness.

Ah, at last!
I really started to loose faith :)
It'll be great to finally see it. I wonder if those minor architectual tweaks I did to E1M3 are still there.

Sucking it down.

EDIT: Cant understand why there so little enthusiasm about this, and so little feedback so far. This is one of the most ambitious projects ever made. IIRC hundreds of poeple were complaining about it when it was in progress, now - seeing it done - they've gone silent.