Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Lag

new texture issues 1.16

i know this topic has been done to death, but i still can't figure out what's wrong.
i exported a few patches from a texture wad, then i opened my wad, double-clicked the "patches" button at the bottom, opened the patches and checked -- yeah, the entries appear at the end of the pnames list and in the texture1 lump.

when i run my map, however, the textures still do not show up. what step/s am i missing? thanks for any help and sorry for posting this question AGAIN.

The Lag said:
i exported a few patches from a texture wad,

Merely exported them? Do you mean you exported them to a folder and then loaded them into your custom PWAD?

the entries appear at the end of the pnames list and in the texture1 lump.

Do you have any repeated PNAMES or TEXTURE1 lumps in your PWAD?

yeah, i exported them from the first wad and then loaded them into my wad.
the patches were added to the pnames list at the bottom, the entries appear in the right spot on the entries list to the left, and the texture1 lump has them at the bottom as well.
there are no multiple entries.
each texture i imported consisted of 1 patch.
when i run my map the textures are missing...just checkerboard.
i just made a few more backups, so now i'll mess with it all some more and see if i can figure it out.

Upload the WAD file somewhere so I (or someone else who's good at WAD editing and has time) can take a look at it.

i figured it all out.
for some reason, the textures were being slightly renamed (a 0 was added to them) so when i loaded them into my wad they weren't recognized.