Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. Zin

A Megawad for 2006 (1monster) [Finished]

Liberation said:

Get this wad done, released and then worry about a sequel, as of now im not sure if i would be intrested in the sequel as i have a few projects of my own which i really need to get released.

And i didnt get sent any txt's for the maps.

ok

impClaw, could you send me your map if you're done with it? We're getting pretty close to the last second. I'm just about finished with Map16 and if I can get that and your updated map into the WAD, I'll upload the (hopefully last) beta soon.

Ichor said:

Map 5 is done too, right?

Yes. I've updated the last beta you sent me with the touched-up version of 05, a couple changes sausage suggested to 02 and 12, and my almost finished build of 16.

Again, I'm glad i could help.
Also, I had doombuilder working, But it is still bad at saving, and corrupted my whole map... :(

Everything is all set on my end. impClaw has sent me the latest version of his map, but it's not final. He says that if there was a deadline, he could probably finish by then. That's probably up to you, Liberation.

Other than that, it's just the intermission screen that needs to be finished, which sausage is working on.

I'll upload the latest beta when I get home tonight. Then you can check out the changes I made to your map, daimon. Hopefully you'll approve.

Ok once ive got a copy i check thorugh it, then i start aiming a release date, in theroy it should just be the txt file needing to go.

BTW for the text files guys, just a blurb about you're selfs, emaill addrees, what maps you did and any additional comments or credits.

Ichor said:

I just noticed that the CWILV22 is spelled wrong ('muscical').

Whoops. I'll fix that and I think I'll touch up the edges of the 1monster logo while I'm at it.

Expect the beta uploaded as soon as I'm done with that and have run through map16 just once more. Sorry for the delay.

Ryathaen said:

I think I'll touch up the edges of the 1monster logo while I'm at it.

Okay. back then when that was made, I was a total noob to the conceps on anti aliasing, and also didnt know how to remove it properly, what an idiot....

Sorry for double post, But the contents of my text file are below.

Sausage: Doom Mapper, Graphic artist.
"I have always like the thought of customizing things to how I want them to be, and doom was a great game to customize, thus why i map for doom."

Maps: Map 03 - "I'm somewhat not so proud of this map really, but it's not the worst thing you'll ever see appear in doom..."

Map 07 - "This map didn't seem to take too long to make if I remember correctly, and it isnt too bad..."

Map 10 - "I am really proud of the fact this map was made within 1 day, and some touch ups the night after. But the rest of the community really improved certain areas, but most of it is how it was."

Map 12 - "This map, I dont remember how long ago I must've made it, but it's quite good..."

Map 15 - "I made a complete different map, but in the same style, and i collected all the textures, and i think i got the music, I cant remember... but yeah, Ichor made this map really impressive, so it's a team effort, but mainly Ichor."

If you want to contact sausage in any way, Just email battysausage@hotmail.co.uk! (Wow, Now i cam make rhymes too...)

Liberation said:

BTW for the text files guys, just a blurb about you're selfs, emaill addrees, what maps you did and any additional comments or credits.

I'm not sure this is going to work out well. Some of the authors don't even seem to be around anymore. I have no idea what to write as a "blurb", and the idea of it seems a little unnecessary. I think we should just keep to it who made which map, what textures were used, and where the music is from.

I was thinking more of a single text file set up like any other text file, and include this at the bottom:

Map# Monster          Map Name                    Author
---------------------------------------------------------------------
01 - Zombie         - Trooper Trauma            - deldelda and Macro11_1
02 - Imp            - Hangar of Evil            - Torn 
03 - Sergeant       - Sergeant Center           - sausage
04 - Imp            - Imptech Rampage           - alterworldruler
05 - Demon          - Infested                  - Liberation and Macro11_1
06 - Imp            - Claws of the Imp          - impClaw
07 - Arachnotron    - Arachnophobia             - sausage
08 - Sergeant       - Buckshot Waltz            - Ryathaen
09 - Lost Soul      - Chamber of Souls          - Ryathaen
10 - Pain Elemental - Un-named118               - sausage
11 - Spectre        - Mausoleum                 - daimon
12 - Baron          - Baron Citadel             - sausage
13 - Chaingunner    - Workin' on the Chain Gang - dutch devil
14 - Arch-Vile      - The Crucified Factory     - daimon
15 - Spectre        - Spook House               - sausage and Ichor
16 - Mancubus       - Mancublood                - daimon
17 - Chaingunner    - Zumma                     - Macro11_1
18 - Hell Knight    - Knightmire                - Lutarez
19 - Cacodemon      - Cacophony                 - Ichor
20 - Revenant       - Bony Encounter            - Kristian Aro
21 - Cyberdemon     - Cyberswat                 - Paul Corfiatis
22 - Spiderdemon    - Triad of the Minds        - Ryathaen
23 - Arch-Vile      - Musical Bar-B-Que         - Jodwin
24 - Icon of Sin    - The One God               - Ichor
31 - Nazi           - Castle Dorkenstein        - dutch devil

I see some missing textures in map 6:

N_BKGR06
N_SVLG01
N_SVLR01
WFALL1 to WFALL4 (added)

all rigth i played the last beta and i liked it (really, i played on mancublood to see the changes... ah yes and i worked on map03) btw there's some things i woant to notice you, and is:

a)some textures is the same but with different names (e.g. waplu00, wabrick00, daiplu00), and some other wasn't need to be used (wa_sky, cb-sky -oh well, this will take part on the point b), what do you think to do with this one? i knew can macro11_1 used it in somes of his revamping works, but some wasn't used anymore, from where i know... so what do you think to do?

b) the sky textures will be used in some maps like as:

MAP07: cb_sky
MAP11: wa_sky
MAP16: wa_sky
MAP21: cb_sky

what do you think?

c) talking about skies, there's a different sky patch in map31 (tag 35 and 36). I hope you clean this little error.

and about the text file i'll suggest somenthing similar:

Daimon: Doom Mapper, Upload spamming, Some help on project.
"I don't nothing to say, just i love doom."

Maps: Map 11 - "A gigantic,1337-sh icy-medieval church, with graveyards and hell places too, done originally for replacing the original sausage map"

Map 14 - "Barely based upon the plutonia map11 idea. Reminds simplicity for some reason. Everbody loves this map! Ditto i like this one. I'm really proud of it."

Map 16 - "The most love to hate map in this project, barely based upon some maps, but expecially on Scythe map17 and some space\alien mission on Duke Nukem 3d. I made this map with the main aim to be good looking and in almost modern starndars, since in that times i'll made some maps in 1994/96 style. This is maybe one of the first map done for this project."

If you want to contact me, Just mail to daimon.italia983@gmail.com

daimonreloaded said:

c) talking about skies, there's a different sky patch in map31 (tag 35 and 36). I hope you clean this little error.

Heh, not sure how that happened. It's fixed now.

I also fixed a couple of minor problems around the big outside secret on map 16.

So, we Just need the Pic for the intermission, correect?
Ill start when i get back from work tonight! Jeez, I've been busy lately...

sausage said:

So, we Just need the Pic for the intermission, correect?
Ill start when i get back from work tonight! Jeez, I've been busy lately...

That and the missing textures for map 6 need to be added.

Ichor said:

I also fixed a couple of minor problems around the big outside secret on map 16.

Heh. I'm not sure why, but I completely forgot to run through that secret while I was testing. I assume you were referring to the inescapable pit and the staircase with the final step that's too high to move past.

Anyway, daimon has brought up some things about that map, so I'll be tweaking it just a bit more.

kay, I'm back from work, with a while spare, time to make a couple of intermission screens.

I dont know what these will look like on doom's 256 colour limited pallette, but i made 2 intermission screens, quickly.
<-- Kinda crappy, I spent about 3 secs on this.
<-- I hate cluttered and busy Intermission screens, I like this, but again dont know how it'll look on the Doom pallette...

If you think they suck, just say. ;)

The first one looks decent enough as a screenshot there, but it gets expanded to around twice its size, which makes it look ugly. Actually, it might look a lot better if you cut the pistol and hand out of it (take the screenshot while changing weapons, crop out a portion higher up in the picture, etc.) The second one looks better in the game, but the palette messes it up a little bit.

dutch devil said:

Meh I prefer the standard doom2 interpic.

That works too.

In fact, I think I'll try something. What was the font you used in the title screen, sausage?

It was so lon ago... I downloaded some font-pack, and just used some program extras on that, sorry, can't help you there.

but yeah, the Interpics I made suck, I'm not in the right mood to make images at the moment... ---Maybe It's cause I'm a 'tard---

sausage said:

It was so lon ago... I downloaded some font-pack, and just used some program extras on that, sorry, can't help you there.

I was hoping to use the same font as the one in the titlepic. I'll try looking for it (or something close), but if not, oh well.