Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Most boring DoomWorld Off-Topic

What the title says.

I have a feeling I know the winner already though.

I voted ayb, but not as an answer to your poll, more like a general statement...

AYBABTU is as a matter of fact on-topic...

Anyway, here comes Fredrik's UNofficial doomworld Forums LAWS (FUNFLAWS) law number 53:

53. §1 The only sport that may be discussed in the forums is DEATHMATCH.

Sports.
Sports aren't meant to be talked about. Sports is something you have to go in for, if you have to enjoy imo.

Sports is something you have to go in for, if you have to enjoy imo.

You mean participate in? Yeah, I like playing hockey and stuff, but I can't stand to watch more than a minute of it.

As a matter of fact, the most boring Doomworld off-topic is probably be the polls about most boring Doomworld off-topic.

I wish there more people that would want to talk sports.

I will, if you want. But YOU start the thread, I'm on probation.

Where's the 'pritch's bitchin' option? :)

Bah, you're a Brit. Unless you're a very strange Brit who enjoys baseball, then I doubt you'd be interested.

Bah, you're a Brit. Unless you're a very strange Brit who enjoys baseball, then I doubt you'd be interested.

Hey hey hey, now. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if Fodders (another Brit) made fun of/put down we "Americans", which he does quite frequently. Besides, there's no such thing as an "American" ethinicity. Hell, just look at me, I'm about 70% British. Another thing, I hate stereotypes of any sorts (but especially of Texans).

Hey hey hey, now. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if Fodders (another Brit) made fun of/put down we "Americans"

I wasn't making fun of him, I just stated that most British people aren't into baseball. Because it's more of an American sport, y'know?

You know, I've begun to see a pattern regarding Brits and Americans.
Brits love to make fun of Americans, who in turn love to criticize Brits.

Except I wasn't making fun of anyone. At least not intentionally.

Except I wasn't making fun of anyone. At least not intentionally.

Oh.
Well, it wasn't meant as a generalization, but it's just the pattern I gather from observations. I'm not saying that ALL Brits make fun of Americans and ALL Americans criticize Brits, merely that I see such a pattern in general.

I mean, not all doomers on this site get banned, but the ones you notice are usually the ones who get banned.

I could learn to love baseball, and I'm sure I would if I was domiciled in the US. I was in Florida when Mark Maguire was going for the homer record. Man, could that guy tonk 'em. I got into the habit of watching ESPN every night for two weeks.

Then we came home, bah.

they're all pretty boring, i got to go with music, threads about music remind me of beating a dead horse. i mean, we all know how much everyone hates NIN...

they're all pretty boring, i got to go with music, threads about music remind me of beating a dead horse. i mean, we all know how much everyone hates NIN...

The problem is that some peopl' here LIKES NIN.

The problem is that some peopl' here LIKES NIN.

i don't have a problem with NIN, but you have to admit, there's some real hatred for reznor around here...

i don't have a problem with NIN, but you have to admit, there's some real hatred for reznor around here...

Yeah, you're right. A guy makes a type of music that a group of people here on Doomworld don't like, therefore he's automatically regarded as a bad person. /sarcasm/ That makes sense /sarcasm/

Yeah, you're right. A guy makes a type of music that a group of people here on Doomworld don't like, therefore he's automatically regarded as a bad person. /sarcasm/ That makes sense /sarcasm/

EDIT: Eh, I'm cutting out my response. I just realized that this is turning into a music thread.

EDIT: Eh, I'm cutting out my response. I just realized that this is turning into a music thread.

There's a delete button for a reason, you know.

The problem is that some peopl' here LIKES NIN

Problem? Here, let me clear things out for you....

/me beats some sense into dsm with a sledgehammer

That's right, you should cut it out because:

1. You'll just waste forum space
2. My taste will not be changed just because of what your opinion is
3. I thought *CENSORED* was a taboo subject anyway
4. Why should anyone waste time arguing about it? Everybody should know by now that *CESNSORED* is practically God :D

There's a delete button for a reason, you know.

I know, but I wanted to make it known that I'd rather not have this turn into a music thread :P

1. You'll just waste forum space
2. My taste will not be changed just because of what your opinion is
3. I thought *CENSORED* was a taboo subject anyway
4. Why should anyone waste time arguing about it? Everybody should know by now that *CESNSORED* is practically God :D

*CENSORED*'s Bitch