Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Best Boss Battle

I'd be impressed if the Spider Mastermind gave birth to Arachnotrons. That would be one hell of a pregnancy, not to mention a truly unforgettable birth...

dis had a strange very-Doomy atmosphere about it, but it's just gotta be E1M8, hasn't it? It's still the daddy.

I pick dis, because it's slightly more interesting to do from scratch than Babel. Unfortunately I completely forgot my initial reaction to any of those levels :( /me getting old... sigh

Why so many people like E1M8? Aside from being the last level in shareware Doom, it was pretty horrible.

No other scene made me jump like that time except the ghosts in Mission 13 of Thief 2, a zombie ambush on SS2 on the R&D zone of the ship, and the ninja robots on the Recreation area.

No other scene made me jump like that time except the ghosts in Mission 13 of Thief 2, a zombie ambush on SS2 on the R&D zone of the ship, and the ninja robots on the Recreation area.

I remember the ninja robots. I hated the ninja robots. Them and the swarm of health-sucking, immune-to-weapons mosquitos in the mess hall area.

I'd be impressed if the Spider Mastermind gave birth to Arachnotrons. That would be one hell of a pregnancy, not to mention a truly unforgettable birth...

dis had a strange very-Doomy atmosphere about it, but it's just gotta be E1M8, hasn't it? It's still the daddy.

In DOOM2D, Level nine, there is one Arachnotron and one Spider MM. When you kill the baby spider, it doesn't make the normal death sound, but says: "Moya Mama Tebe Otomstit", which is "My mother will avenge me", in Russian. (sorta)

Why so many people like E1M8? Aside from being the last level in shareware Doom, it was pretty horrible.

/me scratches Lament with green plasma-hand

Nothing quite compares to the first time you see a pair of Barons of Hell coming toward you. Plus the level was architecturally supreme in a minimalist way.

Heh, I remember it now. I was in Canada, August '94. I'd been happily making my way through E1, I'd finally got used to the controls and I could do it on skill 3.

Then, "OH SHIT, IT'S A MINOTAUR!"

I was only 11, I thought the cacos were the biggest baddies in the game. I panicked and ran round the back of the Baron's bit, pressed pause and literally had to control my breatheing. That was Doom at it's finest.

cybie battle

fool.

[quote]

I was only 11, I thought the cacos were the biggest baddies in the game.

Hm, how could you see the cacos before meeting the barons? :)

I dunno, the initial experience might've been good, but now the level is just boring.

doom dooM doOm doOM dOom dOoM dOOm dOOM Doom DooM DoOm DoOM DOom DOoM DOOm DOOM

dOOm DOom doOM doOM doOM doOM dOOM dOom dOOm Doom dOOm dooM dOOM Doom doOM doom dOOM doOm

Fah, you E1M8 wussies. E1M8 was a teensy bit surprising, not like 'WHOA WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS, JESUS I'M GOING TO PISS MY PANTS', but more like 'Huh? Goat-Monsters? I must be in for it now'.

I was an 8 year old with SNES Doom when I first played that map and all I did was run past them and let loose with the rockets i've been saving. Easy.

In fact, the stupid auto-death dark room at the end was scarier. It took me a long time to figure out that I beat the level by dying.

I want to vote E3M8 but the spiderdemon should've been hidden before several fights with a bunch of other monsters. It was too easy in that map just to run up and BFG-frag the guy in one or two shots.

I liked the cyb battle, but not that much. I think the level architecture in all the boss arenas should've been better.

Episode 4, Map 8.

I agree about the death room. I never did get that.

frag the guy...

The Spider Mastermind was a she.

I agree about the death room. I never did get that.

frag the guy...

The Spider Mastermind was a she.

Guy... girl... who cares. It's evil and I kill it.

I'm surprised everyone didn't chose E1M8. I think it was the best, most depressing ending to anything ever. Fuck old yeller.

I'm surprised everyone didn't chose E1M8. I think it was the best, most depressing ending to anything ever. Fuck old yeller.

It's the best boss battle, not ending.

It's the best boss battle, not ending.

it's an ending of e1m8 (the best part of doom). =P

It's not an ending, it's the ending of E1M8.

Actualy, the ending is when you get killed. So there.

well, if you take a RL and fire and die from the splash damage you still pass the map. SO YOU DO DIE!

I don't like any of them much anymore, too bad I can't remember which fight impressed me most the first time in.