Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

Community Chest Series Demos [-complevel 9]

Kristian Ronge said:
4:57, but it's still awful. I'll do better.

It seems a level that's not too easy to optimize. Heh, the marine was calling "doctor please!" through most of the ordeal.

Anima Zero said:
but I'm just happy to get past the two cybies at the end. Yeah, this is the only time I ever killed both of them and lived :P.

Those two indeed seem pretty unforgiving playing max from scratch, using only the SSG as a powerful weapon, which makes the demo the more worthy. I bet their fellow citizens of hell call them "the Gibber Brothers".

EDIT: Heh, "gibber" seems to signify something else than I implied, as well. Maybe they rape Hell knights occasionally.

Nice strategies and time, Gusta! I didn't think about trying to lure the foes beyond the brown door into one corner of the room they're in so you can move on.

Also, that easter egg demo was funny, too. Goes to how just how much ZenNode sucks sometimes. ;p

I did a max for map03 in 6:23. Not great, but not too bad either. It's quite funny how every decent looking run ends up being slower though.
It feels good to record something again. I've been without Doom for too long heh.

c303-623.zip

DeDo, you can reach the green armour the first time you're in that area through jumping from the rock stairs by the elevator, this could alleviate some of your health problems later on. :-)

Ah, thanks Kristian, it looks pretty obvious now but oh well, I'm no good at these things heh. Used it in this run, got a better time(6:18), not much but that's because some things didn't turn out as I wanted. As usual the Arch-Vile part is the most interesting again as I have no idea how it will turn out everytime I get there. :)

c303-618.zip

Kristian Ronge said:

I did CC3 map 26 UV max in 13:45. (Hope you don't mind, Dr. Zin? I really like the map!)

Hey, I'm honored when someone else makes a demo on one of my maps! Especially a good run too.

Hey guys I've already spent hours and my head is exploding, but I can't finish recording map 01 cause that fucking prboom crashes all the time... here's what it shows before quitting the game:

I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11

Does someone know how to fix this!? Please help!! thanks in advance!!

Bruno Vergílio said:

Hey guys I've already spent hours and my head is exploding, but I can't finish recording map 01 cause that fucking prboom crashes all the time... here's what it shows before quitting the game:

I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11

Does someone know how to fix this!? Please help!! thanks in advance!!

Which version of PrBoom are you using? I get no errors of that kind when recording on the map in PrBoom+ 2.4.8.2.

Bruno Vergílio said:
Yeah the last one, I'm using the same one you're using...

Try disabling sound, or try different screen resolutions, or hardware mode instead of software mode (or vise versa).

On my old comp I got this message under prboom also everytime when music track ended and should start to play again. -nomusic helped me :-)

myk said:

Try disabling sound

All known bugs with sound are happen only on multi-processor systems (SDL_mixer's bug) and can be resolved with process_affinity_mask 1 in cfg

myk said:

or try different screen resolutions, or hardware mode instead of software mode (or vise versa).

These solutions are not actual.

Bruno Vergílio said:

nothing........... I'm just crazy with this fucking port that doesn't work!!!!

Try to use this version:
http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/prboom-plus-2.4.8.3.test-win32.zip
and give me the address or a screenshot of crash if it will happen again. Also your cfg and stdout.txt

entryway said:
These solutions are not actual.

Debugging steps aren't solutions, and when successful, can help point to any causes, or perhaps provide a temporary workaround till the bug or issue is revealed or fixed.

Hey now it worked !!! This version of prboom plus worked with, at least this time... but I had already recorded one demo with the normal prboom 2.0.2, but this wasn't good, and now I'm always missing one or two monsters, but I'll improve it... here's the first one I did... I'd like to know if people hated my demo, if they liked (well this one is crap, I'll improve it soon) or just make any corrections or comments... thanks...

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/brunodeovergilio/c301-844.zip

Bruno Vergílio said:

Hey now it worked !!! thanks...[/url]

Continue to use this version and will give me an address of crash from crash dialog if it happens again

I do not bealive you use the latest version, because Signal 11 should not appear with it. Give me your stdout.txt

P.S. Oh sorry. Please, redownload. I have forgotten to upload the newest one :(

Hey Entryway I tried to record the demo again, with complevel 9 and it worked... I changed process_affinity_mask to 1 and I got no problems for recording it... I'll let you know if I get another error again and I'll send my other files... but it worked this time... the improved demo was done in 7:03.