Favorite Doom Levels

Doom
e1m3
e2m1, e2m2, e2m3, e2m4
e3m4
e4m2

Doom2
map01, map14, map28, map29

BTW, could someone PLEASE clarify what the goatse link is supposed to be? I've been asking since I first became Crendowing and have not even dared to check the link for my own safety :)

Yo, yo, wuddup Bulbasaur lover.... I mean Jamesbone! Welcome to DW, a.k.a. da 3rd ring of hell. If you want some advice, avoid makin' posts like dis which ask common questions such as what's to favorite level/music/monster etc from ANY doom game... or Lüt will arrive and wisk your post to hell to be ASS-RAPED for all eternity!

Speakin' of which... is dat a gold chain you got on? GIMME YO MONEY, BITCH! WE GONNA DO DIS JAILHOUSE STYLE, BOY!!! YO NAME AIN'T JAMESBONEHEAD NO MORE..... YO NAME IS NOW BIANCA AND YOU GONNA BE MAH BITCH!!! MWA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!

Oops, mah bad dawg.... I can see dat Liam already owns yo ASS! Well it's all good.... I'll just jack yo Nikey's instead! :P

Welcome to hell, son!

P.S. mah favorite levels of all time are e2m8 and map30 (doom1 and 2, da first time you get to each one of them is an unforgettable moment). Go2it (map32, Final Doom: plutonia) ruled to!

E1M9:WTF wat the military doing there?

E2M2:alot of carved marble for a post office.

E3M2:gotta love that hand.

E4M6:shooting the cyberdemon from the other side of the pit.

also...

Map 32: Commander Keen. Hooray.

Map 18: the Pantera song

Map 10: those revenents once came after me before i got anywhere near the areana their in.

Best Hexen levels:

Heresiarch's semenary: that hall that teleports you.

Darkmere: that castle

Gibbit: Heresiarch sleeps on a marble bed.

Bright Crucible: hey! It's d'spairl's heart! cool!

Map24

You are joking, right? That is by far the WORST Doom 2 level. Sandy Peterson may have been the least skilled of the Doom 2 level designers, but that map just took the biscuit. Incredibly square, huge open spaces with no detail, clashing textures and flats, inconsistent theme... Oh, and how could I forget? The tight-rope walk.

Need I go on?

I actually like map24 in some odd kind of may, it's a very mysterious map with large, unpopulated areas and a very strange trick at the end. Texturing sucks tho...

Map24

You are joking, right? That is by far the WORST Doom 2 level. Sandy Peterson may have been the least skilled of the Doom 2 level designers, but that map just took the biscuit. Incredibly square, huge open spaces with no detail, clashing textures and flats, inconsistent theme... Oh, and how could I forget? The tight-rope walk.

Need I go on?

Map24 isn't that bad if you be patient enough to play on there. It's actually pretty fun and it requires some certain strafing skills of movement when you walk on the ledges

you know, by comparing Doom II's oringinal maps to todays standards, they were designed pretty bad....imo...

goatse.cx is just a nasty picture. I can't tell you anymore since I closed it quite hastily.

Where in the FUCK did that statement come from?

Where in the FUCK did that statement come from?

The above post shows the true maturaty of the DooM community.

i'm gonna start a trend here.

/me hates Chasm...ugliest level EVER!

The hell with you, that's one of the few outstanding Doom2 maps.

BTW, if you think about it, "what's your favourite Doom level?" is a question that is very likely to have been asked before. Granted you've never seen the answers to it, but you have to realise that other people will already have replied to that question before, and may not feel like doing it again.

Yeah, I know. But thats okay. Thanks for the posting up those links, NiGHTMARE. :)

/me hates Chasm...ugliest level EVER!

The hell with you, that's one of the few outstanding Doom2 maps.

Well, it's a middling map for me, but it's quite clever and original, esp. for it's time, so i don't know why everyone is bashing it. It is a bit of a bastard to do on UV, if you put your foot wrong more than a coupla times.

A much gayer map would be Catacombs.

DOOM:
E1M1-E1M9
E2M1-E2M4, E2M6, E2M8
E3M6
E4M3, E4M5, E4M9

DOOM2:
MAP01-08
MAP11
MAP14-15
MAP17-18
MAP23
MAP26
MAP28-29

Did I miss any? :P

For some reason, I like Barrels O' Fun. Maybe its because of the song, or maybe because it begins cool.

e3m9 warrens -what the secret level it is
doom2 map20 gotcha! i like the part cyberdemon vs spidy
barrel of fun is quite fun to play too

It's not just you. I did lose a post. :P This was originally in the general forum, so I posted another topic in here for people to reply to instead. That topic got deleted and the one in the general forum got moved here. No harm done in that. I'm glad the mods done that. :)

Actually the reason I wanted to do this post was because I wanted to remake a Doom level in another game like Unreal Tournament or something like that. And I wanted to find out what map most people liked, but it looks like most like the majority of the maps. So, I guess it wouldn't matter then. ;)

you know, by comparing Doom II's oringinal maps to todays standards, they were designed pretty bad....imo...

Looking at Doom II's maps when they first came out, I still think more than 50% of them weren't all that great. Especially the "city" levels... and some of the early Hell levels weren't that great either.

As for what I did like:
Episode 1: E1M7... I like M8 a lot also, but as for actuall non-boss levels, M7 is great.
Episode 2: E2M1
Episode 3: E3M9... I love Warrens so much.
Episode 4: E4M2... gotta love tele-fragging the Cyberdemon.
Doom II: Map 7 and Map 32.

well I thought the city levels were the better side of Doom 2. I know they sucked realsitic-wise, but they were roomy and very playable, and at least looked good to a degree, even if it was Doom looking good as opposed to reality looking good.