Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_Master

Favorite Maps in Final Doom-TNT and Plutonia

Hello everyone, I'm knew here, but I'm so glad I found a site for Doom, I'm obsessed! I was wondering what's everyone's favorite map in Final Doom for TNT and Plutonia?

I like the level Pharoah in TNT and in Plutonia, I like the levels Hunted and Go 2 It.

Hey welcome to Doomworld.

My favorite maps from the two episodes respectively are Anti-Christ and Go 2 It.

By the way I recommend you look at the F.A.Q. link so you get an idea of some stuff you shouldn't do on the forums, bad topics, for example get "helled".

Don't mean any harm just giving you a heads up, hope you like it here!

In TNT, map01 and 09 are funny, maybe 28 also...
For Plutonia, I've enjoyed most of the maps, 22/23/25/26/28 aside (these maps doesn't fit with the rest of the game... imho).

So, my favorites are pl06/pl11/pl12/pl17/pl27/pl32

Final Doom was an enjoyable adventure. There were some decent levels thats for sure. My favourites follow \/ \/

TNT: Map01, Map04, Map06, Map12, Map13, Map16, Map19, Map20, Map23, Map24, Map29, Map30 and Map31

Plutonia: Map01, Map03, Map11, Map12, Map13, Map18, Map22, Map23, Map25, Map27, Map28, Map29 and Map30

Hard to pick out favorites for either, both TNT and Plutonia are extremely solid. If I had to pick just one map, today it would be
TNT: MAP21 Administrative Center
Plutonia: MAP14 Genesis

Inferno said:

My favorite maps from the two episodes respectively are Anti-Christ and Go 2 It.

These are both Plutonia maps.

I can't say very accurately for Plutonia since I haven't played it through yet, but I will agree that Go 2 It was a classic. I also found MAP28 and 29 to be fun, once I figured out where to go.

TNT has some great maps, too. I like MAP20, MAP21, and MAP27 a lot. MAP31 is awesome (with the key fix, obviously), possibly my favorite secret level in the series. MAP04 is interesting, and has the best level soundtrack in TNT.

For TNT i would say Pharaoh...i really liked this one...and i agree with the above poster...TNT got the best lvl soundtrack.

As for Plutonia really i haven't played it a lot i am more stuck into playing some WAD lately...

I can't say I have a favorite level in particular, but I like Evilution better overall. Plutonia bores me by level 3.

Map32 for Plutonia, and Map26 for Evilution and Final Doom as a whole. Ballistyx just had a really creative concept and design, and was fun to play.

Map 27 for TNT (very detailed and challenging to complete)

Map 29 for Plutonia (takes the Doom 2 city idea and expands it to a huge labyrinth of buildings and monsters)

blink182sean said:

Map 31 tnt pharoh
havent figured out how to beat it though
got to the last set of arachnotron guard thingy.

Have you downloaded the tnt31fix patch? It puts that key (I think it was yellow), that's missing in that small egiptian room, which is why you're probably stuck. It's still possible without it though, but can't get 100% kills, I think.

Btw. mine are TNT: Map16: Deepest Reaches and Map20: Central Processing, though I didn't like much majority of TNT levels.
Plutonia: Map01: Congo, Map08: Realm, Map16: Omen, Map 29: Odissey of Noises.

I should replay TNT.WAD someday, then follow it by the free Team TNT creations, in chrono order. Their level design is so unique.

The level that struck me the most off TNT.WAD is yet again MAP20, but also that MAP16, "Deepest Reaches" thing. MAP20 had that remarkable walkway along a fence, with a Spider below, and MAP16 was so complex that I was disappointed by the lack of a boss. After so many climbs and falls, I was expecting a Cyberdemon to appear before the exit and splat me. But no.

TNT Map14 is, by far, my favorite map in that IWAD. I love the theme; that heavy, dark industrial meadgrinder style of map...I guess that theme just speaks to me. I also really like Map18 of TNT as well...similar reasoning to Map14 but I think it plays a little better. And my last pick for TNT have to be Map27 just because I thought that Mt. Pain looked totally rad the first time I saw it.

As for Plutonia...I really like Map02 because of the invisible bridge and the pretty sneaky traps (the name is also pretty cool as well). Map06 was also interesting to me the first time I played it...not sure why now but I like it. Map09 is a good one...but I guess I'd have to say my favorite might be Map24 because of the floaty Archviles :p

Artillery said:

Have you downloaded the tnt31fix patch? It puts that key (I think it was yellow), that's missing in that small egiptian room, which is why you're probably stuck. It's still possible without it though, but can't get 100% kills, I think.

Or i could use doombuilder and put the key where its supposed to go.

Good idea, eh?

blink182sean said:

Good idea, eh?

Not really, as the patch also fixes an error in the nodes.

blink182sean said:

Or i could use doombuilder and put the key where its supposed to go.

Good idea, eh?

The yellow key is already in the map, but erroneously flagged as being multiplayer only. All you need to do is flag it correctly. On a side note, you *SHOULDN'T* modify IWADS. If you do, most source ports you try to run them on won't work and I'm pretty sure that you can't play multiplayer with them either. The best thing to do is just download the patch, but if you really want to modify it (much easier, I agree) you should make an unaltered copy first to use with other programs and use the modified one for your personal use.

I doubt it. The ZDoom v1.22 documentation suggested it being possible to play even with shareware Doom.

Death-Destiny said:

The yellow key is already in the map, but erroneously flagged as being multiplayer only. All you need to do is flag it correctly.

blink182sean said:

Then I'll just flag it as all modes in doombuilder.
Or find the key and replace it.

Did you two read Grazza's post? It's not just the Yellow Key that's wrong with this level.

If you ever played it to the end you'd find out that you cannot have 100% kills either, because a Sarge teleports out too early and gets stuck in a wall at the end, preventing the rest from coming out. Not to mention that most demos (except for UV and NM Speed) will desync on your manually fixed map.

The patch is out there, use it.

Doom_Master said:

Hello everyone, I'm knew here, but I'm so glad I found a site for Doom, I'm obsessed! I was wondering what's everyone's favorite map in Final Doom for TNT and Plutonia?

I like the level Pharoah in TNT and in Plutonia, I like the levels Hunted and Go 2 It.

Thanks for this thread newcomer!! I was like, hmm... lot of people like "go 2 it"--I have only a vague memory of Plutonia. So I googled what map it was -- map32. I then debated a bit as to whether i should just warp to it--then realized i've probably never played it or if I have I cheated to get to it--at any rate, I have no recollection of the level. So instead I warped to map15: the twilight. This level is sick!! I've been playing Alien Vendetta--and no offense to that great megawad--but it just does a very poor job of utilizing arch viles. The Twilight does a superb job of placing all the enemies, particularly the arch viles and the chaingunners. What a level!! Absolutely awesome. When I played Plutonia the first time round many years ago, I didn't like this level at all because it was so hard--but now I appreciate it for its excellent design--and there are tons of secrets that I didn't know about before to help you through it. What gameplay though--and set to fitting frantic music--holy shit. There's not much gameplay like this in the world of computer games. Anyway--glad I played this map--best gameplay in a doom map I've experienced in a very very long time. I want to see if the secret level is off of it.
cheers!! Aww man, can't wait to get back in it. :D

Edit: Found the secret. :D Easy enough. Twilight was a short level, but very very sweet. Any demos of this level being played? I might have to attempt one, but not sure I could beat it without saving.

If i say map 32 contain 14 cyberdemon,40-ish revenant and a crapload of arachnotron,mancubus and arch-viles you can deduce how sick the map is.

It's hard to remember. It's been a very long time since I played Final Doom, and honestly that's because I didn't like it very much and only ever played them again if somebody wanted to do an MP game.

For some reason I remember liking map08 and some of the maps in the 12-20 range from Plutonia, then map07 or 09 (whichever was the Schmitz level) and some other odds and ends from TNT. By far the most memorable thing from TNT was the map29 music, otherwise nothing really grabbed my attention.

Undead+priest said:

If i say map 32 contain 14 cyberdemon,40-ish revenant and a crapload of arachnotron,mancubus and arch-viles you can deduce how sick the map is.

About to enter Go 2 it. I was slightly disappointed with Cyberden, map31 as it wasn't very hard and a lot easier than map15. Cyberdemons are child's play, especially after downloading the beastiary super cyberdemon which is absurdly difficult. Archviles on the other hand... not so fun. I'll have a report on Go 2 it in a few! :)

That only took an hour and a half.. :P