Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Godshatter

doom 3 resolution problem

so recently i got a new 22 inch LCD screen from samsung.

however i cant seem to get doom to play in 1600x1200 (anything smaller and i get the black bars on the left and right side of the screen)

if i try and use that resolution and restart doom so the changes can take effect then the resolution reverts back to 640x480

this also happens if i try and use more than 8x anti aliasing

i have a 2.4 GHz core 2 duo processor and an nvidea 8800 768 mb video card (pci express of course) with 2 gigs of ram. so surely it can handle this.

ive also updated to doom version 1.3

I had the same sort of problem except I wanted to run at 1680 x 1050, my monitor's native resolution, which isn't available in the Doom 3 menu. I bought a 20" widescreen Samsung SyncMaster and I looked online for some info, not too long ago. Good thing I wrote it down because I have no idea where I got it. I ended up having to type in the console:

press (ctrl + alt + ~) to open console.
Hit 'enter' after typing in each command.

r_customHeight 1050
r_customWidth 1680
r_mode -1
vid_restart

I found this to work for me. You might want to try inputing the native resolution of your monitor, surely it's higher than 1600 x 1200. Good luck with that.

still didnt work.

1600 x 1200 is listed as an option in the system --> video index in the game. but when i restart the game its defaulted back to 640 x 480. the same thing happens if i select 16x AA. it reverts back to none when i restart the game.

when i do vid_restart after setting custom height to 1200 and custom width to 1600 the screen is just gray in the small central area that the screen used to take up.

the grayed out area still isnt the right size though. i can clearly see where the game screen ends several inches from the physical end of the screen