• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

DOOM

Uh, yep. That's what it says.
Two Things I Better See in D3:
1. Look up/down: Should be a given. What's the use of those pretty graphics and scary demons and such like if you can't look up/down at them?
2. Old-School Gameplay: I wouldn't mind if D3 used a inventory system similar to Hexen's or Heretic's. I would mind if the actual nature of the gameplay was screwed around with, for example, I don't want D3 turning into something like Counter-Strike: rescue the hostages from the Demons. I want Doom's original blast-happy gameplay to stay, but with a few new things that would enhance the game itself.
Whatcha think?

Didn't you watch the demo? The camera is moving up and down all over the place. Look up/down has been in almost all FPS games since 1995.

But that's only because we're traumatized by DooM. In 20 years show DooM 1/2 to a kid, and then let him play DooM 3. He'll loathe all of them, but I'm sure he'll dig DooM 3 a lot more...

I wonder what id will do after DooM 3. A whole new franchise, of course, but it will be surely based on the "id concept" (humans fight extra-dimensional entities).

They said they are leaving the Quake series for a few years so I guess that Quake will follow on after Doom 3...but that's just what they said.

I don't think so. Unless they aim for something so drastically different from the rest of the Quakes. I would like to see them do something different, I'm sure they can.

Hexen belongs to Raven, they can't make a sequel. I hope they never, EVER touch Quake and/or DooM again. It's time for some new shit...

do you really think it's even remotely possible that id would leave out looking up and down...?

I think Doom 3 was a good and bad idea. First of all, iD needs to bring out something new, I'm a huge quake fan but if after Doom 3 iD releases a doom 4 or a quake 4 I'll fucking shot my self. I hope id does one of them releasem games meets total sci-fi action. Where one second your a normal grunt doing nothing, then the next second your killing aliens or something. Maybe something like half-life or red faction. But then again I'm always pleased with what ever iD releases, has iD let us down yet...hell no, and I hope they don't with doom 3.

Chance of Doom 3 being gay, 1% out of 100%.

No. Never. I've spent hours and hours totalling to months playing all of ID's games since wolf. Heck, it's destroyed my life :) Whatever they do, it can't go wrong...

I heard some talk of quest, yep. That was one of the new projects they were discussing before Carmack flexed his "muscles" and had them do Doom3 instead. But anyway, they seemed to be thinking in new ways.

I don't blame them, they've been making pretty much the same kind of FPS for ten years now. I'd be aching for a break too!

Quest was a RPG where you joined a party and proceeded to exist in a world using that amazing engine while the server operator acted as GM or "game master". Kinda like NWN or Pool of Radiance, I believe, only with id patented action.