Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flambure

Serious problem with Doom builder on VIsta

I downloaded Code Imp's Doom builder and when I try to open a wad it crashes and says there is a compatability issue... Anyone who is good with this stuff could they explain me a fix for this issue? Thanks so much

Is that all the error says? If not, what exactly does it say? It should work as it works just fine for me.

It may look like it works, but you might encounter more problems. Doom Builder was not designed for Vista (because it didn't exist when DB was made), yet some people have found workarounds for the problems.

There is a Doom Builder forum and it has a stickied topic with the solutions people found to run DB on Vista. Read "Using Doom Builder 1.68 on Windows Vista" if you have any problems.

I can't access that hyperlinked thread. Is there any reason for that?

The page I get:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Thread: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-builder/40183-using-doom-builder-1-68-on-windows-vista/

I know this was posted a long time ago, but it should still be available for viewing, shouldn't it?

expulse said:

I can't access that hyperlinked thread. Is there any reason for that?

The forum was closed at CodeImp's request. As I recall the intent was for Doom Builder-related questions to be directed to the Development forums, though it would be nice if the old forum was reopened (and maybe made read only) for research purposes.

What I noticed as I went to Google this was that people were posting the link, but not summarizing the information. Something as simple as the key phrase "download MSVBVM50.DLL and place it in the DB Folder or in C:\Windows\System32".

So it's here now, to give better odds to the next person.