Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
esselfortium

DOOM: Revisited

I have decided to postpone my TC project, Metal Gear Solid 3, in order to create something even better. I'm sure most of you have read the DOOM Bible, the original plans for Ultimate DOOM.

I'm attempting to make a version of DOOM that is as close as possible to the original plans. Yes, that's right! Six full episodes of DOOM goodness!

I need level designers who are skilled in the following level themes:
Moon Base / UAC
Gothic
Mines
Heck (Yes, HECK!)

I also need texture artists. No enemies will be added, except POSSIBLY flying imps. I don't need any new sprites for these, though. I just need to write a DeHackEd patch.

I need ideas for how I should implement the demon artifacts and other things not used in the final game. I think the Colonel's Hand will be replacing one of the skull keys, and will be a dead body in which you could place the hand of onto the palm-scanner. If anyone has any ideas on how the unholy Bible artifact could be used, please tell me. It originally gave information on the behavior of demons, but how could it be used with the regular DOOM engine?

Who's interested in helping out with DOOM: Revisited?

I have thought of checking those out, but I own a Mac. Also, I plan to make this into a ___COMPLETE___ new DOOM.

BTW, speaking of attempting to create a sequel or a new doom, whatever happened to Resurrection? It looked so cool, but then it was silently cancelled (the site hasn't been updated in ages).

One last thing:
Is there anyone here who can port DeePsea to Mac? I have used the demo on Virtual PC, and it is great, but it is SOOOOOOOOO slow on an emulator. :-(

There are no Mac tools with it's awesome capabilities, and I am severely limited because of this.

I STILL need level designers, though! No amount of telling me that there is an alpha version available will get this project finished! I am _VERY_ aware of these versions, and will download them to see if they have a WAD file compatible with the normal DOOM engine. If so, then I will be able to get some much-needed things from it!

Hey, I'm intrested in your project it looks really cool. I'm not really a good level designer, but I think I can help you. I have several ideas to your project, and afortunately I can do all of them.
Please e-mail me at vegeta@topmail.com.ar

The chance of getting hold of skilled level designers is probably very low, most are occupied with the large projects already in progress.

The chance of getting hold of skilled level designers is probably very low, most are occupied with the large projects already in progress.

Heh, that's why the un-skilled ones like me are still availible :P