Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

years too late

i have seen many doom reviews in the passing years the latest being only a few months old!! i saw it in a christian propaganda mag my mom gets. Talk about late, try over 6 years late, as u guessed it was a doom and just plain game bashing, but it foucused mostly on doom and wolf3d. then my moms says it is correct. talk about complete shit and to make things worse it is a scientific mag too! christians, or most other religion for that, do not get along well with science. why would an article like this be in there and at this time with little violence going on. also this is some crazy shit, i am talking this belongs up with the nazi propaganda i watched in my history class, it was mostly lies or extreamly bent truth, but not as harmful as nazi shit. it claimed doom had code in it that made our minds want more doom to play. there was also a part that wolf3d tells a horror story that never happened, yes this mag said the holocaust never happened some sick shit i would say. Another part of the review said doom was outdated in gameing and that it was made to warp childrens minds?!? I must say these people are the ones warping minds. i have nothing aginst any religion but i told my mom this. there is a line between faith and foolishness; stateing an oponion and attacking; what is real and what is propaganda. think for your self i grow tired of this type of shit. it was funny and sick at the same time to see complete bullshit.

Hey, it IS only religion...name one thing that religion delves that has any meaning besides faith, which is so vague it shouldn't have any real meaning. ALthough I do think it should exist.

Just the very fact that a religion has to put other elements of society down just to justify its own cause proves how corrupt the clergy is. Churches are just as bad as any group that believes they have a sacred mandate from God and must act upon it to save humanity. I'm a Christian, but I have never spent a day of my life in church.

In german articles about DooM and Quake you can find a lot of these shit. Not this incredible mind-thing, but how bad the violence is,the Nazi-symbol wich is in DooM up to Ver. 1.2 and so on...!

Hey, it IS only religion...name one thing that religion delves that has any meaning besides faith, which is so vague it shouldn't have any real meaning. ALthough I do think it should exist.

Historically, religion (and more specifically theology) was the dominant force of advanced pure thinking for rather over half a millennium before being, to some extent, replaced in comparatively recent times by secular philosophy. Religion and religious thought have provided, besides a beginning to a stable and fairly peaceful western society, some of the most fundamental advances in mankind's understanding of the world, not only in Europe and America but around the world. Personally i'm an atheist, and I believe some forms of organised religion can be extremely damaging to society, but some of the blinkered, ignorant and prejudiced views given by gamers in retaliation to Christian critics are every bit as bad as the criticisms were in the first place. I've just as many interesting, compassionate, intelligent and nice Christians as I have prejudiced and bigoted ones. Generalisations only contribute to the mutual animosity and don't help anyone at all, so please quit making them.

Thank goodness I don't belong to some wacky religion like that. Geez, the stuff those weirdos will come up with, it gives religion a bad name I tell you. Just don't listen to those fundamentalist wackos and assume that all religions are like that. My church is fairly civilized and liberal as far as beliefs go, which is one thing I absolutely love, and they don't believe in shoving all this christian propaganda down your throats or anything. In case anyone's wondering, the true purpose of religion is to set a framework of ethics and morals in society and show how people should act as decent human beings. If you really want to know the truth, after that things like an afterlife aren't even necessary for religion, although you'd have little incentive for your people to do the right thing. Of course, due to greed, religion has been corrupted ever since people figured out how to corrupt it, but there's no point in blaming religion on that, so just stop bad-mouthing religion in general like that.

I hate all religions. They bashed Humanity's progress at the begginning of the Middle Age.

i am not trying to bash religion but i am showing that they still and will always beat on those who are different than them. As i have said in america the nazis have won, look what has happened we wiped out entire races, believed we were superior to those here, and that it was our right to take all the land. being that i am part native american i do not like that. religion has also made great contributions and laided down a basic frame work for laws. Like most of u i grow tired of being bashed for my music, games, belifes, culture and choices. i do know good christians, jewish, and athesit people. as for the mag i believe it is called "christian life monthly" but i could be wrong, it is a pure propaganda mag and may be hard to find. If i had a scanner i would send it out to all of u.

the church didn't set up fundamental anything for humanity. it lived along bullshit guidelines and tried to suppress any thought that was different than theirs. Hell, they even suppressed the British throne (That's part of what the Magna Carta did) because King John I wanted out of the Crusades. Hell, they also did more book burning than Hitler did, and they STILL try to burn ideas today...And the protestants are no better...let's look at northern Ireland...jesus christ...and then there's the Israeli-Arab conflict which has been going on for nearly 50 years, because those motherfucking Zionists are as bad as Hitler! And the Mujahideen, look what happened after they kicked the Russians out! They killed each OTHER! And Iran and Iraq...at each other's throats because of the Shi'ite - Suni issue...although that was like 15 years ago...but still...This is what religion really is, a conquest over our fellow man to either assimilate them, or destroy them. This is why my dad thinks religion is bullshit, and this is why I think it's bullshit, and it's part of the reason I don't believe in god.

Mmmh, I hate religion. Not that I hate all people that follow religion, I just hate it in general. You'd think by now people would stop believing, we can explain and disprove a lot of things that we couldn't years ago. There's not enough evidence for religion anymore, unless a 2000+ year old book is evidence enough.

For what it's worth, most religion is just mythology made up because people don't want to believe that they appeared on earth without any real purpose, and that it's over when they die, no ifs ands or buts.

The bible itself is history, but a lot of the events are embellished because the Jews and whoever else wrote it also couldn't explain the events. And the flood obviously happened, it's recorded in every religion, and there's evidence to support it. So did a "strong man", e.g. Samson, Heracles. Also, MOST believers realise that it's jazzed up history. The only people who don't are the fundamentalists who try to fuck everything up for everyone else.

I can understand a person seeking counsel and/or peace by reading a Bible or (insert religion's scripture here), but they should at least leave those books as what they are : Crazy Drunken Monks Writings. After all, it's a big novel where almost every con and plus of humans are present, resulting in a somewhat complete analysis of Humanity's behavior.

But, follow a book like a crazy? No matter if it betrays common sense? That speaks poorly of yourself...

yea as i see it people did not come from just 2 people. infact we are dominate to our species, and genus because we either killed off, assimilated or out did the other races similar to us early in our evelution. we, homo spien, are the most violent of the primate world. Other species that were similar to us long ago were wiped out or interbreed into us. many new species have been discovered and many of them were peacful plant eaters, evidence also show we killed and even ate these creatures too. Also i do feel it is mythology and has some truth, but it is distorted over 5000 years and the fact that it was told and not written for years, and finaly because it was in many languages. Doom is just another thing attacked by them and it will not be the last

What about Buddhism?
And whatever.
I'm not religious at all, I'm an agnostic, but you people are dumb. Don't think that all relligions are like christianity. Not even all of christianity is that stupid; it's just overhyped.
You have to remember that there's "religion" and "politics". Christian Church, usually, has nothing to do with religion. And really dumb people think that it does have something.
Um, God save their souls, bahaha :)

Of course it won't be the last.
They bashed pretty much EVERYTHING that was new at the time. Fuck, they even bashed Episode I, as I recall.

People is really, really stupid. There are some guys who are pressing Microsoft to cancel the next release of Minesweeper for Windows XP because it's a "insult to the wounded by lost mines". Fuck, there are so many humans out there, that justifies the incredible amount of retards, so big it covers all forms of stupidity.

Just take a look at petitiononline.com, I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

I believe in the Bible's depiction of creation AND Darwin's theory of evolution. In Darwin's theory, Earth is supposed to be billions of years old. The Big Bang was God creating the universe I think. The Bible says it's only 6000. Back when the earth was forming, according to physics, the rotation of prototype Earth was MUCH slower than it is today. Thus I believe it is feasible to say that "seven days" back then could've been several million years.

Also, I believe that God created life on Earth, but evolution took over from there. Evolution as it is teached in school is a religion if you say that life spontaneously appeared on Earth due to some mysterious chemical reaction. And the seperating factor between animals and human beings is due to our ability to dream and aspire for what we know cannot be, which I attribute to God "creating man out of His own likeness". I think God created the universe and life, let it evolve into his own likeness, and then stepped in and gave us that distinguishing factor to seperate us from animals.

As for following the Bible word for word (as someone mentioned, the Bible IS history that happened), I turn to the Bible when I have a dilemma in life to see what the characters did with a similar one. I don't use to Bible to do my thinking and problem solving for me though.

Well there's my religion: ShadyXMRism, the synthesis of Christianity and Darwinism.

I believe in the Bible's depiction of creation AND Darwin's theory of evolution. In Darwin's theory, Earth is supposed to be billions of years old. The Big Bang was God creating the universe I think. The Bible says it's only 6000. Back when the earth was forming, according to physics, the rotation of prototype Earth was MUCH slower than it is today. Thus I believe it is feasible to say that "seven days" back then could've been several million years.

When the earth was forming. Before the existence of life. For creationist's theory of the earth's age to be fully correct, you must say that there are no dinosaur/hominid fossils, museums lie to you, and that anthropology and archeology are liberal conspiracies.

When the earth was forming. Before the existence of life. For creationist's theory of the earth's age to be fully correct, you must say that there are no dinosaur/hominid fossils, museums lie to you, and that anthropology and archeology are liberal conspiracies.

Well then I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be during the formation. Even during the early life of Earth (when single-celled organisms were possible) the rotation was still considerably slower.

In Genesis was it not that God creates everything else and then humans? I don't think that museums lie to me; a great deal of my thoughts are based on science.

I congratulate you both, Sir Morons!

First off, I am religious, but I also believe science... go figure.

Second, the literal interpretation of time that 99% of Christians and such use when reading the Bible is wrong. Let me spell that out for you... W-R-O-N-G, WRONG. Time does not pass for God as it does for a person.

Third, the dinosaurs were a failed attempt at intelligent life by God - they were cast out of the First Earth to here where they did not survive. Good luck disproving this one.

Fourth, Christians are morons. :-)

hey, ready for a total mind fuck? Who'se to say science is right? when you think about it, science is just guessing with the rest of us on how the world was created. What the bible calls proficies, science will substitute with theories to backup there argument. 7 days, 7 million years, hell where here today so something went right. but what do i know, i hate science and religion equally. Ashes to ashes, that's all we are

First off, I am religious, but I also believe science... go figure.

Yep. I tried to make that clear earlier about myself...