Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gerbil

Open GL ports - how do they fix T-junctions?

Ullo, I've finally got moving again on my Doom-in-a-browser project (even if the name is misleading, it'll just use WADs that follow a strict set of rules as it's level format).

However, I've implemented a look up/down feature, and what is painfully obvious is that I am getting join errors where polygon edges are between different height sectors.
I know why this is, it's because they are a T-junction of edges.

What I can't think of is an easy way to get rid of them. What do people who've worked on Open GL and DX ports do to get around this problem, it's kind of annoying :(

Gerbil
gerbil@theburrow.co.uk

Gerbil, you might try browsing the source of Quake (1/2) or any of the ports that have source available (all?). Other than that, I'd e-mail some of the port authors personally - I don't think many of them hang out here, and I really don't think you're going to get much of an answer here because I don't know, and I doubt anyone else does either.

Still, there are people here who are MUCH better programmers than I. (obviously) Perhaps one of them would know.

If you're into IRC you might try popping into irc.openprojects.net:#zdoom and asking someone there. SoM_, the ex-primary-coder for Legacy, hangs out there, as does Quasar`, the creator of Eternity, and Aardappel, the creator of WadC, and more recently, Cube.