Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

NataN's DooM sketches

Shapeless your on a roll here!

Updated doom HUD rocks my socks off! Colored and shaded very nicely. Also the manc is good too, and the cute thing actually works for it.

I give you people gold and you swoon on over chicken scratches?!

I kid I kid, I've liked a lot of the stuff in here Shapeless. Especially the Mancubi, because I always love cartoon proportions.

The DOOM HUD face is cool and I think your cartoon-y DOOM 3 Mancubus is channeling some of Greg Capullo's Creech (I still say id Software stole Marvel Comics' Man-Thing's head and slapped it on a Mancubus' body).

Trilinear thanks for the praise :D The sheet like blood-flow adds to the surreal nature of the image so I guess realism doesn't matter.

thanks for the Fav Bank ;)

MmM that may be true but the body on the Doom 3 Manc is still Original, kind of reminds me of a walrus, while the D2 Manc is more humanoid.

Awesome Revenant design--if McFarlane Toys was doing a toon-style DOOM line, I bet that's exactly how they'd immortilize one. I don't know if you know how to do anything with Flash, but it'd be cool to see some of your cartoony DOOM characters in an actual animated funny.

I don't know flash. But I also thought of doing some cartoon doom funny short flicks. And one would be doom guy vs the Rev, and the fight would end with doomguy throwing a rat into the revenant's mouth and the heat seeking rockets would aim at the skull, tracing the heat, and blow his head off.

the next piece I will post here is titled Mancubus at boot-camp.

thanks for looking.

Those drawings are really good. They manage to capture a sense of shape really well. Everything seems to have a real momentum about it, as if all the monsters in the pics are already in motion, rather than just being frozen in place.

The imp reminds me of the Genie from 'Aladdin', the one voiced by robin williams, for some reason.

Great work overall.

Wow, you've got some amazing work here! The Revenant is my favorite but all the pictures are well done.

"The imp reminds me of the Genie from 'Aladdin', the one voiced by robin williams, for some reason."

Dr. Manhattan reminds me more of the Genie from 'Aladdin' but OK :)

so here's another one.
http://natan77.deviantart.com/art/Mancubus-gas-mask-concept-119672483

I have more interesting things to post up, but I can't find a single cable for my scanner so the pics I take with my camera don't always look right due to perspective and lighting.

Somehow I missed the last couple updates, but I really like that 'Parkour Imp'. You should put it on DeviantArt so I can favourite it.

These are pretty cool drawings. Draw a demon tearing apart an imp or something crazy and violent. And sadistic.

Coopersville I'm glad you like it soo much cause I'm almost done a revamp of the image that I will add to my Deviant page. One of the things I changed was the angle to the walls, cause they are just retarded, and if they went further on they would end up crashing with each other. But after looking at parkour images I noticed that these guys grab railings further apart and bring their legs up to their chest. My Parkour imp is bringing his legs out to the sides which would surly get scraped by the spikes coming out of his arms.

Hey Shapeless, nice work on these drawings of yours. Seeing the bloody doomguy face, can you try and do the "ouch" face?

Alright here's the Shamblus now you can see more of the shambler in there since I colored it.
http://natan77.deviantart.com/art/shamblus-121021249

"Draw a demon tearing apart an imp or something crazy and violent. And sadistic."

"Hey Shapeless, nice work on these drawings of yours. Seeing the bloody doomguy face, can you try and do the "ouch" face?"

I'm making one with both these features ;D

Man, that's probably the best drawing I've seen you do to date--combining the Shambler and Mancubus works surpisingly well, aesthetically. I would say that the teeth/gums and guns don't mesh well with the art style of the body--it has a cut and paste feel to it, but, other than that, awesome rendition!

Well it's not the best drawing I've actually done to date, but your right about the cut and paste job. Originally I sketched it in dark blue pen and the area's I touched/redone up with photoshop have been done with a paint tool.

here's a Tier 2 Mancubus. My original idea was that Mancubi should come in different flavors just like the former marines. So some would have chainguns instead of fireball cannons and such. but this guy's got one minigun for one arm and a flame througher for another, giving him a huge advantage

http://natan77.deviantart.com/art/Tier-2-Mancubus-121222250

That would be fun to see two tier2 mancubi infighting due to hitscan weaponry.

When I meant ouchface, I more or less meant the 80-200% health face :D

Having Mancubi come with different weapon load-outs is an interesting idea that I don't think I've ever heard mentioned before. It'd definitely have enhanced gameplay possibilities, although I'd like to see more changes beyond the weaponry, like different amounts of health/damage and possibly some sprite color changes (like the Hell Knight and Baron of Hell).

Mr. Chris somebody else has already made that face your requesting and it's in my deviant Favorites.

MmM I recon what you say about more changes besides weapons, maybe a redish skin tone and beige.

Coopersville I just added a slightly better version of the Parkour imp to my deviant art gallary

http://natan77.deviantart.com/art/Parkour-Imp-0-121595394

but there's a better more revamped version on the way ;)

and it will knock the shit outa yer ass!

I added a colored version to my Deviant page
http://natan77.deviantart.com/art/Manci-colored-122290197

Someone did? Where? Might it be in the fanfic forum somewhere?