DSBSPWLK
DSFLAME
DSFLAMST
DSBOSPIT
DSBOSPN
DSMANATK
DSSKEACT
DSSKESIT

Here is a list of the music needed. Everything that is a placeholder needs a new track.
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freedoom.git/tree/status/doom1musics_list

Nixot said:

I created some sounds for you.

You didn't 100% make them yourself though

"The "free" ones are sounds taken off the web, from sites that guarantee these are free to use & original sounds."

Freedoom strictly needs assets made 100% yourself. You can't just scavenge from Sauerbraten and submit them as your own.

You did all the music too? Please reupload only stuff you have personally created from scratch.

I think most of the wavs were made from scratch and I can remaster to sound more like monsters. But I need a new zip of original material first.

Very nice still!

The pistol sound is the ONLY sound I didn't make - I just included it because I thought it sounded cool and the current pistol sound is too muddy. I'll delete and re-upload if you want. Also I did say in the readme that I did not create it. I don't say it's my own at all.

Update: I'm trying to replace my old zip file in free.doomers.org/incoming - but it says "Permission denied", so I will simply upload to a site for now, and whoever is the super-user for that FTP account please delete my old zip so I can re-upload it. Thanks. (Or just use the current file and delete the pistol sound in it.)

Anyway, linky here: http://willhostforfood.com/dl.php?fileid=70989

leileilol said:

Freedoom strictly needs assets made 100% yourself.

This is not true.

Resources in freedoom must comply with the freedoom license. If someone finds a resource on the 'net that is compatible with this license, then it can go in, even though the submitter didn't make it.

You can't just scavenge from Sauerbraten and submit them as your own.

Good job identifying these.

Now, the sauerbraten resources are under a whole big bunch of different licenses, many of which are definitely not compatible. See http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/non-free/s/sauerbraten-data/sauerbraten-data_0.0.20080620-1/sauerbraten-data.copyright for a summary.

nixotand whoever is the super-user for that FTP account please delete my old zip so I can re-upload it. Thanks.

I've done this but in future just upload under a different name :)

RottKing said:

I didn't really do DSPDIEHI but I wanted to do the other player sounds before I got around to that one, since I feel as though they're kinda bogus. Tell me what ya think

Nice stuff, fddeath2 would make a great 'drowned' sound. Would be good to include the extra pain sounds so source ports could use them.

Approximately 4 hours after this post, assuming nothing goes wrong (they don't usually, but things happen, heh).

It says DSOUNCH is missing, I thought my DSPUNCH got in? Also, what about my other sounds, are they being considered? (if so, the chainsaw sounds should be taken from the chainsaw graphic wad, not the sound wad I uploaded, as they were updated since then)

I'll see what I can do for the other sounds. :)

One thing I noticed about Freedoom music: the volume changes drastically between levels. For example, MAP01 and MAP02 are fairly quiet, whereas MAP03 and MAP10 are much louder. I don't know if it's possible to normalize the music a bit or if that's even desirable? I normally set SoundFX to 100% and Music to 50%, but then this isn't ideal across all maps.

hex11 said:

One thing I noticed about Freedoom music: the volume changes drastically between levels. For example, MAP01 and MAP02 are fairly quiet, whereas MAP03 and MAP10 are much louder. I don't know if it's possible to normalize the music a bit or if that's even desirable? I normally set SoundFX to 100% and Music to 50%, but then this isn't ideal across all maps.

I think that's related to the port, not the IWAD.

Anyway, what's the status on my DSPUNCH and DSCLAW sounds? Did they make it in? I don't trust the list if it's really that outdated.

hex11 said:

I suspect that the MIDIs have different default instrument volumes. I've noticed that my tracks are quieter than some others, and I know the instruments in mine are not playing at maximum velocity (volume). This could be fixed (assuming it is the problem), though it would entail 20 minutes or so of tedium.

It wouldn't be implausible to create a "MIDI leveller" to adjust the volume in the different tracks to be equal.

It's possible that some tracks feature instrumental volume changes for effect, which you wouldn't want to negate. All of my tracks (and there are quite a few spread amongst the free* iwads) are at a single consistent volume level, however, so such an application would work well for them.

Really, all you'd have to do is multiply all the channel volume values by a variable. It would work well even for midis that only use the channel volumes for their intensity, and not note intensity.