Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutrov71

Congestion 1024 demos [-complevel 9]

I recorded a max for map26 in 3:46. With SSG this time. Also have a run in 0:36 on map01 which is very improvable bacause I missed 0:33 once.

Can't see a rocket launcher on that map, which makes it pretty difficult (you'd need some luck with monsters hitting you at the right time, etc.)

I did map 21 in 4:08
crappy demo :(
I have sent it to Opulent
this is my first time to post demo in this forum

That sounds good ... Nice to see some recording here again. If I remember well now only map30 remains for completed max table?

Well, I downloaded this again on a whim. I've always wanted to do a UV-Max for map29. It happens to be one of my favorite maps of the megawad :P.

I'm actually a bit surprised on how much time I shaved off compared to Gusta's run. It's not like I did anything completely different save for 2-3 spots.

Some rough edges in my run, but otherwise it was solid.

Came close near the end to dying :P. I usually never go that low on health.

Now then, the time for my map29 UV-Max. It's 5:03. Sub-5 is certainly possible here.

Attaching the demo now.

2429-503.zip

Well, after much pain and failed attempts, I improved my map29 UV-Max to 4:46. Sub-5 easily reached here :P. I don't think much more time can come off this aside from making sure every shot counts.

Will be attaching the demo now.

2429-446.zip

That's a nice time, Anima :-) I got one some seconds slower exit too ... perhaps I will try it again ... but another day.

evocalvin: those demos are "current prboom compatibility". If you want to record a Boom-compatible demo (as most of the others on this wad have been), you need to use -complevel 9 in your command-line.

The problems with using "current prboom compatibility" are that these demos won't play back with other exes, and that the behaviour will depend on the exact settings chosen for the individual compatibility options, which may make some things work differently, or not work at all. At the very least, it makes direct time comparisons with other demos problematic.

For info on using complevels, see this post.

Here's a buttload of speed demos for this WAD. With two exceptions, all of them are tablefillers. Check them out anyway.

2402-013.zip - UV speed on MAP02: Garden of the Descent in 0:13
2403-055.zip - UV speed on MAP03: Dilapidation in 0:55
2405-021.zip - UV speed on MAP05: Autumn in Hell in 0:21
2406-020.zip - UV speed on MAP06: Departure Point in 0:20
2408-026.zip - UV speed on MAP08: A Jagged Stroll in 0:26
2428-032.zip - UV speed/pacifist on MAP28: A Bridge Too Far in 0:32

02 speed has already been done in 0:12 by K.Ronge (and 0:14 by me :-D) check this thread more carefully :-) Nice max updates ... but some times still could be better. Feel free to update all of the UVmax times, guys! :-)
EDIT: I was very surprised by map07 UVmax, because I have never noticed that those 4 platforms could be lowered down to floor :-D

Gusta said:

Nice max updates ... but some times still could be better.

Which ones still needs to be faster in your opinion?

Congestion 1024 map27 Pacifist 2:38

Not a good map to do a pacifist run(or an UVspeed for that matter) because of map concept but makes the map easier due to monsters not teleporting since I'm not shooting.

2427p238.zip

Hitherto said:
2:21 Tyson for same map.

Nice, but you fired your shotgun at 0:32 :-(

Yes, I agree. I had USED shotgun against that evil switch and so formally violate the rule, though no monsters hurt.

map24 ("Zyklon B") UV-Max - 3:30 (complevel 9)

Pretty hard map for poorly prboomed me, I should say. Features telefragging the cyber as main time-saver.

1c24-330.zip

About three years after the fact, here's a MAP02 UV speed that actually beats Ronge's record, albeit by tenths of a second. It was recorded with PrBoom+ 2.5.1.3 using -complevel 9 (Boom v2.02). Enjoy!

2402e012.lmp - UV speed on MAP02: Garden of the Descent in 0:12.46 [Ronge: 0:12.94] (YT)

2402e012.zip