Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest DILDOMASTER666

In the interest of a potentially great mod, I can offer spriteripping, mapping, and programming/scripting of various forms relevant to enemies, weapons, and the like. I can also handle the technical stuff like 3D and polyobject abuse (among other things) if you are still looking for someone to help.

I could use the help, currently some bigger issues are weapons, as for maps, there are many open, take your pick.

Available projects:

Weapons, as far as i know all of them,(the edge version is in progress)
Mapping,(pm me if you want to make one for df, the coop map pack, or the death-match map pack,.) the only rules for mapping are if you are making a original dark forces level, it must be as close as you can make them to the original, using scripts and 3d floors is recommended, new areas may be added, but it must keep the original story. as for death-match, do anything you want, but it must have dark forces textures, same for coop.

Sprite ripping, if anyone could rip and program,(all enemies except the imp officer, commando, storm trooper, gamorrean, and gran, i would greatly appreciate it.)

Another issue has come to my attention. it seems that the enemies for this mod have only one attack frame, and that's the front one of course, if there is a skilled artist out there who wants to help out, it would be one HUGE step closer to getting this done.

weapons for this mod have been greatly improved, they now act almost exactly like their originals, thanks to ceejay and lord_z.
if anyones interested check out the dark force tc forums.
(look at first post for the link to the forums)
None of this will be publicly available until the mod is done.

LAME!!!

Its been 4 years, you still working on it?

This would be cool, if it existed......

hope to hear further developments

-=BD=- :)

Obsidian said:

Isn't your post supposed to be ground-shakingly amazing or something?

lol i dont know if this is directed towards me, but im gonna guess since im the last person who posted in 4 years....

yeah i could of maybe put it better, but i was hoping the simplistic and powerful message would work :)

i just would like to see this game released.....

( and so i dont double post )

"Your necromancy may have worked on this thread, but I doubt you're bringing this TC back from the dead.

Assuming you're unaware of it, there's a modern engine that can run Dark Forces:"

Ha necromancy **, yah it is huh? Id just like to see this game get the chance it deserves, its a star wars game after all!

but yes i was unaware of that, i should check it out! Thank you, hopefully i can get this to run. but does TC not run on skulltag like a normal wad?

* Edit *

So this seems like the engine, but wheres the game? ive searched the internet with no success so far.

There's the link to the Steam version of the game a mere few posts above yours. That is, unless you meant you wanted to get it illegally, which is frowned upon here; even then, at 2.25 euros wasting time to pirate it is unlikely to be a cost-efficient solution, unless you live in Somalia or something.

Phml said:

There's the link to the Steam version of the game a mere few posts above yours. That is, unless you meant you wanted to get it illegally, which is frowned upon here; even then, at 2.25 euros wasting time to pirate it is unlikely to be a cost-efficient solution, unless you live in Somalia or something.

wow so someones actually getting paid off a map they made.... man wish people would do that with my maps. oh well its not like its expensive.... the real problem here is steam..... whos bright idea was it to put it on steam? i boycott steam after they fucked me over on my $80 counter strike collection box.... i cant even install the game i own because i installed it on another computer ( my old computer... ) and now its all retarded.....

But enough about that, If its on steam forget it, I love maps and much as the next doomer, but im not gonna add the bloat ware to my computer for a game i could make in a weekend..... probably even better then this guy made it.....

Oh well guys thanks anyways.....

Smileys said:

But enough about that, If its on steam forget it, I love maps and much as the next doomer, but im not gonna add the bloat ware to my computer for a game i could make in a weekend..... probably even better then this guy made it.....

Bwahahah. A single dude making a game better than Dark Forces in one weekend? FYI, "this guy" who made it is a whole team, including programmers, level designers, graphic artists, 3D modelers, animators, voice actors, musicians, sound designers, playtesters...

Gez said:

Bwahahah. A single dude making a game better than Dark Forces in one weekend? FYI, "this guy" who made it is a whole team, including programmers, level designers, graphic artists, 3D modelers, animators, voice actors, musicians, sound designers, playtesters...

I guess you dont know me very well :)

alright maybe alittle over my head, but what I saw in videos it didnt seems like nothing special. i could make sprites for most of the monsters in a couple days, and the maps would take several hours ( 2 days max beta testing about 9 lvls ). the weapons might take a couple days and some bug testing, but really, i could do most the stuff i saw in a week, maybe 2 to fully get it right. its really not that hard when i use skulltag as a base, and doom builder 2 to make it ( and xwe for sprites and sounds ).

Ive made maps before.... I make them all the time when stuff like this happends.... when I see something I want to play, I make it >:D.

To me this would be just another weekend project :P

A lot goes into making games that is really just a baby team compared to what it takes to make today's triple A titles.

Take a read through this.

http://teachgamedesign.blogspot.ca/2007/10/modern-video-games-are-incredibly-large.html

That was written in 2007 even though it's 5 years old the same model still applies to games now but will change again with time of course.

You just registered here Smileys show us the goods then.

I apologize, i don't want to troll or upset anyone... Nor do i want to keep bumping this thread for negative reasons, so i will end it with a last comment as well.

now as for could i make this? well yes i could, maybe not the same, and deferentially not triple A quality ( with the exception of game play, game play is a must and a specialty of mine ). regardless, the time frame isnt far off. I could make it, and i may start something on the side after all this since ive gotten myself fired up about it :). If your interested, ill start a new thread and see where i go with it :).

anyways, I shouldn't be projecting my ideas with such an attitude and im sorry, id much rather be respectful about this :). The Dark Forces game is a great idea and will be inspiration for me to make something great :)

hope this message is taken in a better light to you guys, may the SSG be with you

-=BD=- :)