Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ulrichdemlehner

Secrets Map 05

Hi, can anybody help with the last secret of map 05? There is a rocket launcher on a column in the NW corner of the map. I looked at the map with WinDEU and I guess that the column is somehow connected to a part of the wall located at NW direction of the column. I tried to shot at the column and at the wall, but without any success. WinDEU shows some kind of cavity behind the wall, propably with a switch, but I found no way to penetrate the wall. Any help is appreciated! TIA Ulrich

I think those areas can only be reached in multiplayer? I've always wondered about that too.

Use Slade or Doombuilder and highlight lines or sectors. They will turn color and show where they match up. Doombuilder can even look for sector/line tag which may be easier to find what a sector/line is linked to on big maps. (its a switch on a light in slime tunnel).

Hi, to install Doombuilder was a great hint, thanks! I found the switch in the slime tunnel I assume you're talking of, but it appears to be linked to the separate room with the DOOM inscription in the floor. What confuses me most: if I check the wall behind the rocket launcher column in the "garden" with Doombuilder, it is marked as penetrabel but cannot be penetrated. Therefore the wall behind it which obviously has a switch for the rocket launcher column, cannot be accessed.

Ulrich

Ok, I'll check it out in the game. I checked it in Doombuilder but could not identify any link between the switch and the wall, so I concluded that nothing will happen. May be the conclusion was kind of premature ...;-)) Thanks Ulrich

There's a shootable switch behind another torch in that corridor which lowers the blocking sector.

This was discussed in the thread "Fast doors and other level problems".
No use repeating it here.

There were some fixes applied to the level, but it is still very frustrating. You still have to go around randomly pushing torches
and shooting, without any feedback as to which one activates the secret.
There is no clue that the torches should activate anything.

There are two torches that are switches.