Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

Heh. This looks like a bad JRPG fanfic - not the kind of stuff I'd enjoy playing, but it's so trippy it actually makes a great demo.

In castle_na.txt, Never_Again said:
I got stuck on MAP02 seconds into the game - hopeless, abort.

It's actually possible to get out of there. Check this attached demo. You can warp to level 2 if using prboom-plus to see my heroic escape, as it's a movie.

PS: The demo is just a conservative first play.

cstl_myk.zip

Never_Again said:
Would be nice to have times (total/last) and deaths listed, though;

Perhaps, though I like leaving deaths, especially, as a surprise.

except it is not FDA, if you saw my demos first.

I had your demos waiting on my desktop and said "let's play through this so we can watch these." Heh, I tend to fall back on demo watching out of the habit of playing WADs before watching them, sometimes even replaying stuff I've played in the past.

If you're sitting on some other unreleased demos by you, please share.

Well, demos like this one I have quite a few now as recently I've started recording most first tries or series of attempts.

Here are some "old" demos on LOINK (the demos are in the wad zip file, recorded with zdoom 2.2.0) that weren't posted in the demos forum. It's a slaughter wad for zdoom with rocket jumping - 1 map split into 2 maps. gggmork recorded 2 maxes as well, without using freelook or rocket jumping and using only keyboard (some of the shootable switches must be a lot harder to hit without a mouse).

gggmork
MAP01 max 19:40
MAP02 max 17:16

TimeOfDeath
MAP01 max 10:15
MAP01 speed 2:09
MAP01 max/reality 19:37
MAP02 max 13:15
MAP02 speed 1:27
Max Movie 25:11
Speed Movie 3:36

lol, who was the asscunt that voted LOINK zero? I haven't given that wad any votes yet. SHOW YOURSELF.

WHO KEEPS RATING IT ZERO AND WHY

Here's more Fiffy action, this time on the next entry in his regular "REoL Tough" series. This level contains a forest maze that predates B.P.R.D's Grove by one decade, and 18 ridiculously difficult-to-find secrets. And by "difficult-to-find," I mean "you'll never find them unless you cheat with a level editor." Fortunately, by watching this demo, you'll learn how to find them.

FIF4-825.ZIP - UV max on REoL TOUGH: The Pit (FIFFY4.WAD) by George Fiffy in 8:25

On a side note, for those who have been following George Fiffy's recent posts on this site, the text file for this WAD contains a Hilarious in Hindsight moment. I point it out in the text file for my demo. ;)

tgh, i love your heroic crusade against shitty old levels, especially this fiffy campaign. bundled with the original text file and your history lesson/fun facts file, it's a pleasant change from reading newspaper during breakfast. :)

dew said:

shitty old levels

So says you. I thought that map was great. Cool demo TGH. I played through the map before watching the demo and only found 1 secret with almost 200 monsters left unkilled, but I liked it and it looks like even more fun with the power weapons.

Heh, I didn't think anyone even cared about my "heroic crusade," as dew puts it. ;) Thanks!

Anyway, here's another Fiffy demo, but now it's on the next entry in the Total War series. It's a school map that barely even resembles a school, packed with the usual clusters of monsters, with an impossible-to-find-without-cheating-with-a-level-editor secret area you can block yourself from reaching if you open access to it too quickly. Oh, yeah, and a rudimentary MIDI of Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall (Part II)."

WAR4-739.ZIP - REoL TOUGH: Satan's School of Warfare (WAR4.WAD) by George Fiffy in 7:39, accompanied by:

• WAR4BUG1.LMP - Bug demo (player cuts off access to secret area)
  • WAR4BUG2.LMP - Bug demo (player gets trapped in the kitchen)

i saw some Whispers of Satan demos from TendaMonsta on DSDA, so i decided to share the mess i'd recorded, too. all UV-speed as usual.

map01 in 0:50
map02 in 1:20
map04 in 1:42
map12 in 1:38
map15 secret exit in 1:00

not much quality in it, but i wasn't very motivated to continue improving. the rest of WOS seems unfriendly to speeds.

wos_dew1.zip

impressive demo, okuplok. this strong but safe style is very enjoyable to watch. especially that monster micro herding inbetween ssg shots. a shame there was no rl... and i had to smile a bit when your plasma kinda sucked just before the end. :)

... and MAP14, which is the best map in the set IMO.

An improvable (by me in the future or by someone else) UV Max demo (10:37)

ws141037.zip

Demonfear
UV Max
Map 8 in 1:24

Sunday marked the loss of my iMac so all the data I had on it is now lost to history. I'm using a PC now so I can record with PrBoom+ until I get my old computer back.

df08-124.zip