Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pilottobombadier

Best music to listen to while playing a Doom game

Okay, being that there are so many sourceports that come out with advanced music options these days, or lack thereof (e.g. EDGE, until February's WIP), I tend to listen more to my own music than the Doom stuff (Mainly because i'm sick of it...hey, you can only go with one thing for so long, right?) I usually like metal/industrial when I'm Doomin'. What do you guys/gals prefer?

I prefer Doom's music while playing Doom myself (adds more atmosphere), but I have played around with adding MOD/S3M/IT/XM music to my own levels. As you say, industrial and metal works very well, but drum and bass is oddly suitable as well...

I don't know if there are any more, but in the old days of Doom ('94/'95) there used to be a bunch of, for the lack of a better word, weirdos who liked listening to classical music while playing.

Edit: yay! I'm not a newbie anymore! :)

for me it will allways and forever be the doom music itself..ive listened to alot of stuff playing doom and none of it quite cuts it like the original stuff

What do you guys/gals prefer?

I have a two-hour-long Danzig playlist for Doom games. It's great. Das Ich comes in second, although with them it's more like you have to match specific songs with specific levels. Danzig you can just let go and it suits most Doom environments, especially Inferno-esque maps.

Guest Fanatic

I like listening to my music during games.

I like many types of metal, but industrial metal like Fear Factory, Static X and Rammstein fit doom best IMO. I've been listening to rammstein almost nonstop for the last 3 weeks!

Wohlt ir das bett in flammen sehen?

Actually, something I'd recommend, if you want to try it is the White Zombie remix CD Super Sexy Swingin' Songs. That worked really well for Doom AND Quake...made Quake one HELL of a lot better than before. And Rammstein's great too, but sometimes you gotta match the song with the level. Same with Judas Priest...Breaking the Law doesn't even fit at all, but Hell Patrol fits very nicely...and oddly enough, ZZ Top for some reason fits well...don't ask. And in regards to classical, it ain't that far off from metal if you really think about.

Dornenreichs second album, Bitter ist´s dem Tod zu dienen, is great for some of the maps; either that or Neptune Towers - Caravans To Empire Agol for the more ambient laid back maps. I suppose it really all depends on the map.

Britney, N Sync, Christina, Ricky Martin, Backstreet Boys... the list is just endless. :-P

Most of the time I prefer Doom's music. It's the best! But If I want to listen to other music for some reason, I find that Powerman 5000 is the best.the song 'Operate, Annihilate" Works the greatest.Rammstien is another great one.

I don't play DooM often enough to start experimenting with alternative soundtracks. I don't do that since Quake 2 or something...

Another question might be, what music do you listen to while editing Doom levels?

Another question might be, what music do you listen to while editing Doom levels?

I used to listen to Alice In Chains - Dirt all the time when I did my Heretic maps back in '96.

I don't build levels, so I can't say. However, when I'm playing with EDGE [just finishing a ripped weapons/assholes(monsters) thing with my own EDGE stuff], it's whatever I want to listen to. Might be Judas Priest, might be Pantera, or maybe Dream Theatre. It's just whatever I'm in the mood for.

britney spears, without a doubt

PS. I'm wanking as i write this

Bah to Titney Spears.

I'll be really odd here and say Styx.

britney spears, without a doubt

PS. I'm wanking as i write this

Bah to Titney Spears.

I'll be really odd here and say Styx.

I second that motion. Besides, I'd rather play DOOM with music from Sonic the Hedgehog games (Yes even SRB2).

I listen to PSX Doom music(I load the PSX Doom music wads from Elbryan42 in ZDoom), otherwise, Quake music.

God, the music of e1m1 on psx doom goes so fantastically well with the wad "Phobos anomaly return" (map1). Kickass wad, btw...anyone tried it? It was on last week's /newstuff.

I dunno....mostly I use the IDMUS cheat and turn on E1M5 or 7. Otherwise, I strangely prefer listening to Staind or some other such group, mainly because of the depressing music, which fits Doom's intense, depressing atmosphere.

I like listening to any type of metal/industrial while dooming/ creating levels. It does suit the theme of doom. When I am playing Heretic and creating levels for it, I prefer to listen to Gothic Metal/Industrial because again, the theme of heretic

There are some really good original DOOM music remixes out, most of them my DJ Pretzel over at OC Remix, remix.overclocked.org. My theme music is his E1M1 remix. BadASS.

DC

Heh. I haven't bought a CD in about 4 years. I've gotten 2 for christmas. I basically have to wind up choosing between the offspring or creed...

DooMs original Music is good,but Skinny Puppy`s
Last Rights is very scary.
Quake I Music is another choice or some EBM stuff.
AND WHERE THE HELL IS MY SIG ????