Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jon

free.doomers.org FTP temporarily disabled

I've had to disable the FTP server on free.doomers.org. This is a temporary thing, I can get it back up.

However, do people want it? Is this the best way to handle submissions?

I thought it was nice, but it was full of old stuff. All stuff that included in repo should be removed. There was also some random warez on it too like .rar parts.

Catoptromancy said:

I thought it was nice, but it was full of old stuff. All stuff that included in repo should be removed.

Therein lies the problem: I think we didn't really hand over the management of that stuff properly when I stepped down, so nobody realised that this was necessary. Would you be happy to keep it
up to date?

There was also some random warez on it too like .rar parts.

That's actually why I've had to take it down for a while.

Sure. I usually download new resources, test them out, and make a git-patch for Mike to submit. Access would make things a bit more organized and easier.

I have a new MAP09 to submit and that FTP site was the only way I had to get it to FreeDoom. It also has my MAP13 wads.

I do not know of another way. I am not running all that repository software and it probably would not run on this Win98 machine.

I have a dual boot Linux on this machine that is used for svn access
to Legacy repository.

(My main computer is Linux and is not connected to the internet)

Ok, I'll work on it.

Catoptromancy, can you email me or something so I can get back to you with an admin account user/pass?

Ok, free.doomers.org should now be working.

Could the freedoom admins please get in touch so I can give them the user/pass to use in order to read or remove files?