Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomero-21

donkey kong country tc for gzdoom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWKOdrJLbXM

all is controlable with acs...
donkey kong is not the doomguy, i am controling with acs(is a doll), a acs made by Roack16 and i am making more progress about the scripts, i added the jump/kill, the pickup barrels,etc.....have good destiny....

pd: is for gzdoom 1.3.17 and use doom2 (the recent gzdoom version make the game more buggy i dont know why)

link: /(old version)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WLFGW4YO
only have 1 level and other incomplete but not showed into the gameplay. (the second level will be complete for the second alpha).
test and comment i need constructive critics about this, is a nice project and complex at the same time =)

Excusing the dkc3 background with donkey kong, this is a hilariously awesome use for (g)zdoom. It would be great if your platformer code could be generalized as some sort of acs/decorate "library" so anyone could build a platformer relatively easily.

the acs for control donkey kong is very complex, i think those scripts cant be touched or edited...the rest of the scripts are really easy

While its indeed impressive, it crosses the line of "why to play this when we can play the original thing?"

Vegeta said:

While its indeed impressive, it crosses the line of "why to play this when we can play the original thing?"

I agree. Unless you're making some fun levels for it. Then you can count me in.

Even as a novelty, though, this is very impressive.

DuckReconMajor said:

I agree. Unless you're making some fun levels for it. Then you can count me in.

Even as a novelty, though, this is very impressive.

very simple...who miss donkey kong? only appear in the first game...the idea is combine the 3 donkey kongs..i mean..all the dkc enemies (1,2,3), play as donkey kong, diddy kong, dixie kong, kiddy kong...rambi, enguarde,etc....new levels, with bonus and more...and maybe combine with first person, well similar to dkc3 when you play on swanky game...

Looks cool, but you could always make a switch from Donkey Kong to something completely original so that you don't face any legal issues/"havn't I played this before" issues in the long run.

But I agree with the above, you should release this as a sort of library for other people to make platformers with.

Avery

Mancubus II said:

Excusing the dkc3 background with donkey kong, this is a hilariously awesome use for (g)zdoom. It would be great if your platformer code could be generalized as some sort of acs/decorate "library" so anyone could build a platformer relatively easily.

well, Tormentor has this Pogostick project, its a doom platformer. I'm sure theres a download link to it somewhere on the zdoom forums, and that has like a acs library, so its relativley easy to make maps for and such.

I don't have anything really useful to add, so I will just say this is cool. I would play it. Good luck with it.

I really like how there's a nice 3D element from the architecture and the background elements are looking great. My only gripe is that the enemies disappear instead of falling away.

well the problem is i cant make like the snes version, only i can make this: the enemie when die go so far of the map, i think a_spawnitemex and a_changevelocity(x,y,z) can help me.

I'm sorry, but what exactly does this achieve? I can understand that this might be really fun to put together, but if it's so faithful to the original, I could just bust out mah SNES and get the same thing. I guess I'm probably not one to talk though :S

Aside from this, awesome work! Looking forward to checking this out/stealing code!

Patrick said:

I'm sorry, but what exactly does this achieve? I can understand that this might be really fun to put together, but if it's so faithful to the original, I could just bust out mah SNES and get the same thing. I guess I'm probably not one to talk though :S

Aside from this, awesome work! Looking forward to checking this out/stealing code!

Apart from being an amazing intellectual exercise, the author clearly has some skill in putting the whole thing together. I don't think its meant to "achieve" anything more than what it already has: a damn impressive port of a game that has no business being made on the Doom engine.