Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

I....really need help.

Please read this, dont think its too long, I just used the enter key alot. I really need help with my TC.

XWE has litterally given me nothing but crap so far.

I make a little progress, keep working....nothing worked.

Here is everything it has done twice now.

It works fine.
It has an error message.

I cant replace sprites anymore regardless of the fact that it says I did. And every single one of my doom wads is screwed over with what I had on that, making me constantly having to reinstal every doom game.

I'm trying to make a wolfenstein TC (which is also my first wad unless you count my failed attempts due to I guess you can call "bugs") Mainly because I HATE WOLFENDOOM! It is SOOOO buggy, and the spriting job is awful, as well the weapons.

Im trying to put in multiple weapons (i.e flamethrower, heavy rifle, machinegun, mac version of chaingun, pistol, rocket launcher with SNES version of WOLF3D, and so forthe.)

So I really must know how to work with XWE, add new weapons instead of replace (so the machinegun doesnt shoot like a shotgun {CAUGH CAUGH WOLFENDOOM, CAUGH CAUGH}

And also how to have it so enemies actually shoot like they do in wolfenstein instead of giving them an invisible projectile.

Mapping, I think I can get that down on my own.

yellowmadness54 said:

Here is everything it has done twice now.

It works fine.
It has an error message.

Cool. What error message? How can anybody try to help you if you don't say exactly and precisely what is the problem?

So, you can't use XWE. Well, then, you can try SLumpEd, or Slade 3 instead.

And about TCs more accurates than WolfenDoom, Printz is going to rip my head off because I mention it, and for some reason he seems to hate that, but there's AFADoomer's TC already. It's the closest there is on a Doom engine. http://www.afadoomer.com/wolf3d/default.php

yellowmadness54 said:

I cant replace sprites anymore regardless of the fact that it says I did.

That sounds like a Vista/7 Virtual Folder issue. Where are the wads you're working on located?

And every single one of my doom wads is screwed over with what I had on that, making me constantly having to reinstal every doom game.

Protip - Don't modify IWADs unless absolutely necessary and even then work on backup copies.

Gez said:

Cool. What error message? How can anybody try to help you if you don't say exactly and precisely what is the problem?

So, you can't use XWE. Well, then, you can try SLumpEd, or Slade 3 instead.

And about TCs more accurates than WolfenDoom, Printz is going to rip my head off because I mention it, and for some reason he seems to hate that, but there's AFADoomer's TC already. It's the closest there is on a Doom engine. http://www.afadoomer.com/wolf3d/default.php

It just says a file is corrupted by another program, close imediatly, something like that.
SLumpED doesnt work, or something.

Ill try slayer 7.

But how about the other stuff, like, weapons ,how do I add a new weapon (IE machinegun, that shoots a little faster than pistol, not as fast as the chaingun.)

Hmm...
About the new weapons thing - you will want to use either DeHackEd or DECORATE. If you don't want to replace any weapons, DECORATE is your best bet. You'll need ZDoom, though.

There's an article on the ZDoom wiki on it. I suggest you read it. http://zdoom.org/wiki/Creating_new_weapons