Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

My sketches and such

Well you've got the basics down, like putting pencil to paper. Other than that... no.

even though its not my best (or close), no need to be total dick.

Honestly, I doubt most of you even go to an art school, or are any good at doing that twisty horn trick.

Most of my sketches are better.

And as for use3D, lets see you do better.

yellowmadness54 said:

And as for use3D, lets see you do better.

Already? Dang I was hoping for a feisty one.

Use3D said:

Already? Dang I was hoping for a feisty one.

? feisty? nah, I learned my leston after being banned from doom wiki for being feisty with the admin...but hey, how would you feel if some jerk destroyed an article that took hours of putting together.

Still dude, your a dick.

Bank said:

You are not making many friends here.

tell me, at your age, are you married yet?

Your on a video game website biching at a kid, who are you more worried about?

I don't know about Bank, but I'm worried about you. Any last words ?

yellowmadness54 said:

I learned my leston after being banned from doom wiki for being feisty with the admin...

Oh I can tell. Anyway, enjoy the next 3 or 4 days here and Shadow Warrior art school.

Use3D said:

Oh I can tell. Anyway, enjoy the next 3 or 4 days here and Shadow Warrior art school.

quite fair.

I join a site about a video game i like
post a moderate sketch

and turns out everyone on it is a total prick

Don't take it too personally. Art is meant to be scrutinized, after all, though I suppose the above users' comments could be more constructive.

If it's of any consolation, your contributions are on par with the things BlueSonnet and I were posting when we first came here. As someone who is his worst critic, I wouldn't be surprised if it took this whole decade for people in this forum to begin stomaching my drawings.

Admittedly, this thread reminds me of when I shamelessly started ripping on BlueSonnet's cousin's drawings that he uploaded. This, combined with Shapeless' Pacodemon reference have given me some nostalgia-induced lulz over the last couple of weeks.

Baldassere Castiglione said:

And if [the author] does not attain to such a perfection that his writings [drawings] should merit great praise, let him take care to keep them under cover so that others will not laugh at him, and let him show them only to a friend who can be trusted...

Using Let's see YOU do better means you've got some growing up to do.

"You think this cake tastes bad and it's undercooked? How can you even say that when you've never been a chef?"

Coopersville said:

Don't take it too personally. Art is meant to be scrutinized, after all, though I suppose the above users' comments could be more constructive.

If it's of any consolation, your contributions are on par with the things BlueSonnet and I were posting when we first came here. As someone who is his worst critic, I wouldn't be surprised if it took this whole decade for people in this forum to begin stomaching my drawings.

Admittedly, this thread reminds me of when I shamelessly started ripping on BlueSonnet's cousin's drawings that he uploaded. This, combined with Shapeless' Pacodemon reference have given me some nostalgia-induced lulz over the last couple of weeks.

well, as I said, this drawing I did in school. Wait til i find my iron maiden drawings, those, are good.
Some of my doom sketches are good, but not very.

lol, consolation, I've been saying constolation...im famous for misspellings, ill just let you know that now.

Bloodshedder said:

Using Let's see YOU do better means you've got some growing up to do.

"You think this cake tastes bad and it's undercooked? How can you even say that when you've never been a chef?"

atleast I play old school FPS games and critisize MW2.

well, actually the main reason I do hate on MW2 is because the makers dont know anything about guns.

DuckReconMajor said:

BEST EVER

no

mmm hmmm, and you can draw accuratly detailed weapons with small line segments?

When did I say best ever? I didn't, I didn't even say they were great or anything.

Your art is mediocre. What do you want us to say?

If you want a critique fine, though I doubt you'll take it. Your drawing is amateurish to the nth degree and shows no understanding of anatomy, space, or composition. Your figures are scratchy contour line drawings that all seem to just be piled on top of one another. You do not demonstrate how to draw a face, nor do you demonstrate how to foreshorten. Your characters are not adequately abstracted or exaggerated enough to be considered caricatures or cartoons, nor are they detailed or accurate enough to be considered renderings. On top of that it's a horrible scan so even being able to comment on the quality is out of the question.

Your animations are blocky, silhouetted, and otherwise forgettable. If using the software you do to make these is so difficult, why not switch to something more dynamic or professional? This may seem harsh but you must ask yourself, why bring work in front of others in the first place if you don't want them to give you their honest opinion of it?

The reason people put artwork in any public arena regardless of quality is for it to be seen. What they take from it after that is purely up to the artist. No one is going to like everything you do all of the time, but what are you trying to prove by posting these? That you have the ability to scrawl a line across the back of your homework and operate a scanner? Perhaps a better way to have gone about things instead of signing up for a forum and immediately firing back insults and accusations would have been to accept criticism or not post the image at all. Compounded with your first post being warez you must see why you're not particularly loved around here.

I hope you can find some part of this post useful and if you would like any help in improving your work I'd be happy to offer suggestions and critiques.

yellowmadness54 said:

atleast I play old school FPS games and critisize MW2.

Take that, Bloodshedder!

Looks okay I guess. Could use more work on the realism, as it is too sketchy now (like a doodle, or urban "art" scratched on walls -- I think I saw similar pictures graffed on the trains :( ). And put less randomness / jumble. What's with those dead bunnies, and gatling guns, in a Chinese swordfighting environment with many-armed people. Too random to give enough impression.

Bank said:

Your art is mediocre. What do you want us to say?

If you want a critique fine, though I doubt you'll take it. Your drawing is amateurish to the nth degree and shows no understanding of anatomy, space, or composition. Your figures are scratchy contour line drawings that all seem to just be piled on top of one another. You do not demonstrate how to draw a face, nor do you demonstrate how to foreshorten. Your characters are not adequately abstracted or exaggerated enough to be considered caricatures or cartoons, nor are they detailed or accurate enough to be considered renderings. On top of that it's a horrible scan so even being able to comment on the quality is out of the question.

Your animations are blocky, silhouetted, and otherwise forgettable. If using the software you do to make these is so difficult, why not switch to something more dynamic or professional? This may seem harsh but you must ask yourself, why bring work in front of others in the first place if you don't want them to give you their honest opinion of it?

The reason people put artwork in any public arena regardless of quality is for it to be seen. What they take from it after that is purely up to the artist. No one is going to like everything you do all of the time, but what are you trying to prove by posting these? That you have the ability to scrawl a line across the back of your homework and operate a scanner? Perhaps a better way to have gone about things instead of signing up for a forum and immediately firing back insults and accusations would have been to accept criticism or not post the image at all. Compounded with your first post being warez you must see why you're not particularly loved around here.

I hope you can find some part of this post useful and if you would like any help in improving your work I'd be happy to offer suggestions and critiques.

Yeah, and yours are much better?

Its something that looks quickly drawn on MS paint that you could find hidden somewhere at newgrounds.

The animations are tests showing off the weapons. If I wanted them good, it would have been a full fledged animation.

Proffesional programs cost money, which is gay because im not making money off it. I didnt intend you to care for the animation, just the weapon it self and how it operates without bugs, which isn't easy to do.

printz said:

Looks okay I guess. Could use more work on the realism, as it is too sketchy now (like a doodle, or urban "art" scratched on walls -- I think I saw similar pictures graffed on the trains :( ). And put less randomness / jumble. What's with those dead bunnies, and gatling guns, in a Chinese swordfighting environment with many-armed people. Too random to give enough impression.

ok, since you have clearly never played shadow warrior, I'll explain it all.

Its (the game)meant to be funny, and random. IT spoofs old kung-fu movies. The "gatling gun" is the riot quad-barrled shotgun.

The bunnies (well, the bunny) in the game are some sorta symbols for ancient chineese stuff idk. But there were alot of rabbits.

The game is random, and very awesome to.

Now here are some of my much better sketches.

http://yfrog.com/2dironmaidenkillersj iron maiden- killers.

http://yfrog.com/6tthetrooperj the trooper- iron maiden.

darkreaver said:

Hehe, those Iron Maiden drawings sucked major ass. Sorry bro. And yes, I can do better.

thanks to my small scanner and imageshacks terrible quality

Believe me dude, none of the values showed up in these pictures nor are they full.

yellowmadness54 said:

thanks to my small scanner and imageshacks terrible quality

Believe me dude, none of the values showed up in these pictures nor are they full.

You can't honestly believe this is how bodies work.