Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chungy

How can I downgrade a Windows install of Doom 3?

For a few mods I've encountered, 1.3 is required and 1.3.1 won't work... I only have Doom 3 via Steam, so I can't just use original install DVDs (don't have them) to simply upgrade to 1.3. It is possible to install the 1.3.1 patch even when it doesn't detect a Doom 3 install (and this makes it possible to make a copy on Steam independent from Steam...), but 1.3 will not install in this manner and I can't figure out how to extract the files from the installer either.

Basically... I'm stumped.

You´re welcome. I also was happy to find this, because some cool mod projects where released in the 1.3 time and later abandonend (like Quake2 Lost Marine).

kristus said:

Yeah I asked Kiltron about upgrading it. But he basically said "fuck off".

Why? Because now it should all be about Dark Salvation?

That reminded me to check out the Dark Salvation demo. So far I like the visual design of the levels, feels like a singleplayer mission for Quake3 with that special gothic style. Don´t like the weapons though, they feel kind of tacky and take up too much of the screen. Haven´t progressed much because of obscure puzzles. Also the demo crashes every time I try to configure the controls.