Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

[r1171] Dropped items remain suspended on linked portal surfaces

If I have a linked portal going below, and the sector below is a floor that raises to its ceiling and back, and if I kill a monster standing on that floor while it's up, the dropped ammo will remain at that level when the floor goes back down.

Here's an illustration. That slime is a perpetual platform that raises to ground level. The pit is beyond a portal. There's no attached surface usage.

http://i41.tinypic.com/qrkne9.jpg

I think that's less a bug and more of an unfinished feature given that as far as I know all the portal physics code is not complete yet. (Clipping issues being another example.)

Gez said:

I think that's less a bug and more of an unfinished feature given that as far as I know all the portal physics code is not complete yet. (Clipping issues being another example.)

Indeed you are correct sir. Keep an eye out for a new branch after finals are over (this week)

Not to mention that it's very easy to telefrag yourself (literally: no one else is killing you) if you walk the wrong way on the portal, while it is 0-tall.

Not trying to be obnoxious here, I'm merely highlighting some issues in case they're needed.