Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiodef

Sargeant Lame-O

I just had the boss battle with Sgt. Kelly. Am I the only one who thinks it was totally lame and gimmicky? The whole diversion to find Sarge feels like a stretch, where the developers said "We gotta make this a little longer somehow" and this was their answer.

"I can smell your fear."

No, bub, I just farted.

Puh-leeze.

The whole game is a diversion.

But yeah, Sarge sucked and was a shitty boss, alot of the bosses lacked in my opinion.

And then there is the fact that if you stand in place at the beginning of the scene, Sarge is on a loop. They should have at least put a few random number generators into his subroutine to get him to do something different every so often.

Ha ha ha! Turn, point, shoot, drive by. Repeat.

What about the treadmill he was surgically attached to? Did he plead with the master demon to be attached to wheels because he was too lazy to walk? There should be a hack that makes Sarge say "Medicare paid for my Scooter(tm)!"

Yes, he's tacky. They wasted an excellent spiderdemon opportunity by placing an unoriginal Quake 2 supertank w/ BFG instead.

Oh, they didn't do anything wrong. But the whole Sarge boss battle was actually pretty funny. "Ha ha ha!" *spins*

printz said:

Yes, he's tacky. They wasted an excellent spiderdemon opportunity by placing an unoriginal Quake 2 supertank w/ BFG instead.

Another spiderdemon would have been way more unoriginal than this nod to the Quake universe.

I enjoyed the Sabaoth fight, but I don´t liked that part of the story with Sarge turning evil and so on.

An idea I just had now, maybe just fighting a superposessed still-human sarge would have been better. All other bosses are big monsters, a speedy (with hell-sprinting, heh) heavily armed dude might have been a neat change.

suicidal pencil said:

I don't care that he's a tacky boss, I'm just glad I got to shut him up.

++! "Heh heh heh!" *pops another wheelie and goes around again*

phi108 said:

An idea I just had now, maybe just fighting a superposessed still-human sarge would have been better. All other bosses are big monsters, a speedy (with hell-sprinting, heh) heavily armed dude might have been a neat change.

I second that.

Like a bot?

Give him some creepy uncanny powers, so he wouldn't appear just like a bot.

printz said:

Like a bot?

Give him some creepy uncanny powers, so he wouldn't appear just like a bot.

His laugh causes your brain to melt, or he barks orders and every time he says "marine", fire shoots from his eyes at you.

I dunno, although an Arachnotron fight in a larger arena without deathpits would probably have been better, I thought Sarge was quite funny and I liked the way he suddenly had demonic tank-treads. (maybe the original plan was to give him robot spider legs?)

Give him Penguin's voice and make him say "I've played this stinking character like a harp from hell! Heh heh heh!"

I thought it was badass in a way. In a waaaay. I like some of the quotes...

"Your duty has always been to diee sooooldieeer!"

Also if you save up the soul cube for him he dies in like 2 rockets after that. Ridiculous...