Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
perkristian

Smoother weapon sprite animations - Released!

I just want to say how grateful I am about this. And I hope you don't mind if I include them in my personal weapon modifications. Its not to distribute, its just for personal and coop usage and stuff. Its a big enhancement :)

Also, seriously, what the heck is the whining about the pistol is in the wrong hand? Here is a hint for you: get in the Wad and switch them yourself. Nothing easier.

Also, do you still plan on ever doing the BFG? I see you just kind of gave up on it. Just changing the flash into something a bit smoother is all it needs. Its still probably pretty hard, but it would benefit a lot from it.

Thanks Jake250, no problemo!

Yes, I did start on the BFG and made it shake before firing and recoil back, but wasn't happy with the result so I just left it. If I should get the urge I might have another go at it.

How do you run the Wad file?

I get this message when I load it with GZDoom:

Failed to allocate 1414676820 bytes from process heap

I actually works or doesn't work randomly. I tried again and it worked, but only the pistol looked different.

very very nice! I love it.
This has been needed for a while.
thanks

This is just frakkin' great man.

Love the WAD the new art looks spectumundous. Mad props.

Hey I was making the weapons slightly more realistic and adding reload animations for Zdoom using Decorate and found this. This is pretty damn awesome and I'm probably going to use these additional animations. If it's OK with you that I use these what should I credit you as?

I might also fix some up a bit. One of the pistol firing frames looks a bit odd and I might fix the chaingun so that the bottom invisible parts rotate as well because I'm making the chaingun become a minigun and I think the extended barrels that aren't visible normally will make it look badass.

Aaand I'll need reload animations so I'll make those too.

gemini09 said:

How do you run the Wad file?

I get this message when I load it with GZDoom:

Failed to allocate 1414676820 bytes from process heap

I actually works or doesn't work randomly. I tried again and it worked, but only the pistol looked different.

Are you actually running the WAD file with the PK3? Otherwise it wouldn't work.

Now that this was bumped, I wonder If I can inquire: Has any progress been made on Eternity definitions for the sprites? and I'm guessing no one has cobbled together extra frames to make it work in Dehacked?

Should this be uploaded to the archive as it is, with the Doomsday and decorate files in the wad, and the Eternity file too if it has been made?

Eternity definitions, you say?

http://sl4.poned.com/wasd/ee-smoothweapons.zip

Includes Perkristian's smooth weapons, plus KDiZD-based bullet casings. The casings could be removed, but I just took this stuff right from the Vaporware resources and felt like it'd be pointless to take them out.

This also uses a couple of frame-scripting codepointers to retain the chaingun's standard two-shot behavior without running into negative-ammo bugs.

Ah, well done Essel.

I just quickly threw the DD_DEFNS, DECORATE and KEYCONF, and EDFROOT files in with Perkristian's sprite wad, and it works in all 3 ports. Eternity shows messages about missing frames for the bullet casings, I guess they could be included in the wad without problems.

Here is the rough pk_weapports.wad, zipped: EDIT: Updated again: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/qDIPlvq1wD/pk-weapports.zip

Should this go to IDgames, And will Perkristian come along to upload it himself? I don't know if he was going to work on them anymore.

phi108 said:

KEYCONF

Err... Can you remove the weapon slots from it, and move them to the player class instead? See wiki. Only the clearplayerclasses/addplayerclass PerkDPlayer part should be in KEYCONF.

Hello, I'm still around :-P

Nice to see one of the old threads brought back to life again, although I've not worked on any Doom stuff lately. If I get time I'll make a proper section about the smoother weapon animations on my website.

I may have missed this, I haven't thoroughly read the whole thread, but I was just wondering, is there a ZDoom compatible version of this weapons mod anywhere? It is very cool.

Two posts up from yours (Phi108's last post) is a wad that will work in Doomsday, Eternity and ZDoom derivatives.

Lumps from multiple ports can co-exist in the same wad.

That PSX Hud includes a KEYCONF to set the supershotgun in the weapon slot 4, instead of both shotguns in slot 3.

It might work if you load the weapon wad AFTER the PSX Hud pk3, you can specify loading order of wads and pk3s with ZDL or in the command line.

If that doesn't work, try deleting the KEYCONF file from the PSX Hud pk3 file.

phi108 said:

That PSX Hud includes a KEYCONF to set the supershotgun in the weapon slot 4, instead of both shotguns in slot 3.

It might work if you load the weapon wad AFTER the PSX Hud pk3, you can specify loading order of wads and pk3s with ZDL or in the command line.

If that doesn't work, try deleting the KEYCONF file from the PSX Hud pk3 file.

Tried loading both wads in different orders and tried deleting the keyconf, still have the same two problems with not being able to switch weapons and the ammo being at "0"

WHile looking in the pk_weapports wad, I noticed that there is some code for shell casings in the edfroot file, but there is no shell casing effect when using the wad. Is there a way to enable the shell casings?

Forgive me for bumping up a somewhat old thread, but I figured it would be best to post these here...

Perk, I went ahead and played around with the pkweapons pack and merged your work with a cut down custom version of the "doom enhanced" mod (a very stripped down version with pretty much just some of the sounds, some minor terrain effects, and corrected blood color for some monsters). I also made a PSX mod compatible one (with proper weapon speeds and firing rates). Both files are compatible with GZDoom and Skulltag.

Awesome work, Perk. I hope someone steps up soon and makes a version compatible with eternity, zdaemon, and odamex. I simply can't play D00M anymore without the smoother weapon sprites. =D

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wn8ui22w85o2e2t/enhanced.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/opo6bffbjjdn9a8/PSXenhanced.rar

I have noticed a conflict with the animations mod (which is awesome, btw) and various model packs, in my case for GZDoom:

If you use model packs with the mod, all pickup weapons except for the chainsaw and the BFG9000 (which haven't been modified, I guess) will always be shown as sprites, even if you have working model definitions in place. For some reason, also the berserk pack seems to be affected by this. I have tried with the mod, models gone, without mod, models worked.

I thought this only modifies the HUD weapons, not pickup sprites as well... Is there a way to fix this maybe?

I would guess you need to edit the model definitions. All the guns and the berserk are replaced with modified actors, so they don't have the same actor name as the ones the model definitions provide models for.

In the DECORATE code, the new actors are:
PerkShotgun
PerkSuperShotgun
PerkChaingun
PerkRocketLauncher
PerkPlasmaRifle
PerkBerserk

Ingenious! That did it. By adding "Perk" in front of all affected actors in the model definitions, pickups were loaded and displayed properly. Thanks a lot for your help, pal! :)

phi108 said:

Huh? Look at one of my posts higher on the page:

That file works with Doomsday, ZDoom, Skulltag, and Eternity.

The shells and "corrected blood colors" aren't in this wad when I run it in Doomsday.

Brewtal_Legend said:

WHile looking in the pk_weapports wad, I noticed that there is some code for shell casings in the edfroot file, but there is no shell casing effect when using the wad. Is there a way to enable the shell casings?

You'd have to uncomment some lines and add the relevant sprites back in, I believe. The EDF for this is admittedly rather half-assed and I wasn't expecting it to be used as-is; I just took the versions I had done for Vaporware and crudely chopped out the bullet-casing stuff (as it's not really part of Perkristian's work, so I figured it'd be beyond the intended scope) to get a quick version working. I should fix that...